Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Switch Again

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
LHR Switch Again

Saw seats changed - hoped it may be for the A380 - turns out it's the '747'.

Am I right in saying this is the dreaded non-Avod in Economy '747'? Or have they all been reterofitted since - I know the AVOD '744' briefly came to to us?

Showing that all flights from 31 MAR onwards have been changed from the A340's (all the way through to December as far as I can see).

Anyone re-assure me those poor sods down back will have AVOD - I hate those bloody screens (but love the seatpitch). And I presume re-percussions for those upfront?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:11 am

Interesting. You will want to check out the refit thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...-tgs-747s.html

It will probably be a combination of 74N and 74R (both with AVOD) since there are not many older ones left.

It means there will be chance of getting the new F suite out of London.

By the way, it looks like Rome is getting the A340s that London is giving up: http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/16/tg-mxpfco-jun13/
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Saw seats changed - hoped it may be for the A380 - turns out it's the '747'.

Am I right in saying this is the dreaded non-Avod in Economy '747'? Or have they all been reterofitted since - I know the AVOD '744' briefly came to to us?

Showing that all flights from 31 MAR onwards have been changed from the A340's (all the way through to December as far as I can see).

Anyone re-assure me those poor sods down back will have AVOD - I hate those bloody screens (but love the seatpitch). And I presume re-percussions for those upfront?
Got the change from LH today - I prefer 747 and immediatelly grabbed upstairs seats...
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:20 pm

Has the flight to Brussels been downgraded to only two class service also?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 5:28 am
soy

Programs: various
The 9W 77W's are due to go back soon so would not be a surprise for BRU to lose F
Old Jan 19, 2013, 5:32 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by LondonMiles
Interesting. You will want to check out the refit thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-...-tgs-747s.html

It will probably be a combination of 74N and 74R (both with AVOD) since there are not many older ones left.

It means there will be chance of getting the new F suite out of London.

By the way, it looks like Rome is getting the A340s that London is giving up: http://airlineroute.net/2013/01/16/tg-mxpfco-jun13/
Makes no sense, the A346 are J heavy which is why LHR and ZRH get them but FCO-BKK is more of a leisure route. Still TIT, so who knows what they are thinking.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
LHR Switch Again

Saw that BRU is a 772 today (according to my app). Assume that's a one-off substitution?

I am due to fly in F on that route next Saturday.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
So Thai takes away with one hand (new A380 from CDG) and gives back with the other (A340 to a chance of a nicer "suite"). Looking forward to this trip a little more now
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by soy
Makes no sense, the A346 are J heavy which is why LHR and ZRH get them but FCO-BKK is more of a leisure route. Still TIT, so who knows what they are thinking.
That was exactly my thought!

Send them back to SYD until all the 747's are refurbed!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Praise the Lord.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:33 am

I now have switched away from LHR-BKK using some other routes. I can't take a chance with those OLD 747 with no VOD for such a long flight.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: TG Platinum, SQ Gold, Gold - you're indestructable...
Originally Posted by jrey
I now have switched away from LHR-BKK using some other routes. I can't take a chance with those OLD 747 with no VOD for such a long flight.
I'm gonna stay on the a380 and get into lhr via fra for my next london trip - i'm actually concerned about getting new 744 first, because I'll be in business and don't like the 'newer' J seats AT ALL...

I won't risk it for a biscuit to get an upgrade. And I napped for an hour in flatbed J today and it was really comfortable...
Old May 28, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, BA Blue, Wyndham Diamond
I booked seat 1K on TG916/917 (B747) for next October before I knew about the refurbishment. I normally fly on United (Million Miler) but Thai First class is far superior to that offered by UA IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.