Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class TG640 & TG677

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Same on BKK-HND, no pyjamas, no caviar. full service meal otherwise including soup course... but there is only one meal on BKK-HND, and that is plenty. it is an afternoon/evening flight.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
TG677 NRT-BKK last November - Great crew, service & seat. Everything except PJs and caviar. Didn't really miss either to be honest.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:14 pm

For redeye, Thai is actually quite generous with two meals - a hot snack with savories and soup after takeoff, and then a full breakfast prior to arrival. Considered SQ serves one meal only on a longer flight. Korean Air and Asiana also serves one single meal on this redeye/late night departure in first and business class. MH is possibly the only other airline offers a hot snack (satays and fruit) after takeoff and breakfast prior to arrival on this redeye flights. The Japanese airlines offer one hot meal but they have a a la carte snack service - cup noodles and sandwiches and fruit on demand, and breakfast prior to arrival.

For return daytime flight, it is quite common for Asian airline to serve only one hot meal on these long flights. The meal service in first and business are full international style with multiple courses. Japanese carriers offer a la cart snack on demand service (noodle soups and/or sandwiches and/or ice cream cups) and MH offers a satay service. Even SQ offers only one meal on these long daytime Japan to Singapore flight.

But these Asian airlines often have lots of packaged snacks and/or cup of noodles stocked. Theoretically you will not go hungry. I also can't imagine SQ F/As turning down requests to serve you the cheese plate and dessert later in flight in first and business class.

Carfield
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:04 pm

Updating this thread as I just flew on TG640 BKK-NRT A380. No caviar, yes pajamas, yes Rimowa amenity kit

As it leaves late, there was only a small meal before nap time, a larger meal (yet only breakfast) is served before landing.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
Planning to take this flight for end of May. Hopefully, they still have the Rimowa kit available.

BTW, is the TG pyjamas good for long-term usage?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
I find them good enough, very similar to M&S lounge wear but not compared to Calvin Klein X which is much softer. In the past (early 2000s) they used to be branded but even the latest ones I got 2 weeks ago were acceptable.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by MilesBuzz
Planning to take this flight for end of May. Hopefully, they still have the Rimowa kit available.

Rimowa on 640 last night. TG pajamas are my favorite. I've got about 30 pair in my closet.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 5khours
Rimowa on 640 last night. TG pajamas are my favorite. I've got about 30 pair in my closet.
wow! you have a huge closet!
I just keep the newest...
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:57 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Anyone hoping for A380 and FC on TG640 watch out. I just saw that my TG640 BKK-NRT was changed to an A330... now I'm in a lousy BC angled seat.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Anyone hoping for A380 and FC on TG640 watch out. I just saw that my TG640 BKK-NRT was changed to an A330... now I'm in a lousy BC angled seat.
with LHR as 3. European destination, all 6 A380 are during the night (in Asia) flying to and from FRA, CDG and LHR. So only during the day there are A380 available for Asian destinations, as late evening they have to be back for the next flights to Europe.
That's why the day flights BKK NRT TG676/677 are on the A380
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:58 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
First Class TG640 & TG677

When I booked it, the flight showed a380... Must have repurposed or changed it.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to slum it for the 6 hours to Tokyo.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:03 am

When I booked it, the flight showed a380... Must have repurposed or changed it.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to slum it for the 6 hours to Tokyo.
yes the A380 to LHR was just added this year
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
What fare class have you booked?

I am planning to book the same flight for early next year as part of my roundtrip, TG 640 showing an A330 operation. I am getting a booking in First Class 'P' but the A330s don't have F
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: most of them
with TG of course you never really know until you board.

I had booked F last year on the late evening flight when it showed A346 but then got changed to B787 so I was involuntarily downgraded with no compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.