Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Flying out of FRA in TG First Class - need advice...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat

I am flying out TG first class from Frankfurt tomorrow evening into Bangkok.. what privileges (lounge, FCT, other...) should be extended to me?

Advice most appreciated.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
I am flying out TG first class from Frankfurt tomorrow evening into Bangkok.. what privileges (lounge, FCT, other...) should be extended to me?

Advice most appreciated.
You get to use the normal terminal, you get to use the Senator lounge, and you get to take a bus to your plane's apron position. Fly LH metal if you want the FCT or FCL.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mre5765
You get to use the normal terminal, you get to use the Senator lounge, and you get to take a bus to your plane's apron position. Fly LH metal if you want the FCT or FCL.
Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 1:11 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since this is more of a TG ROP topic, I've moved it to the right section of FT.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:03 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
FRAport VIP Service

Since you won't have access to the FCT, you may want to consider using FRAport's VIP service.

http://www.frankfurt-airport.com/con...p-service.html

This services needs to be booked in advance is is approx EUR 300/per person.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW

Advice most appreciated.
What flight did you get to FRA on as this is also a factor? If you arrived on LH F you can use the LH First class lounge which is extremely nice! Basically the FCT without the ride to the plane.

We fly LH F to FRA and then TG F to BKK. That way you get the FRA LH FCL as well as the TG F lounge and spa in BKK. You could fly LH F to BKK and get to use the FCT but then you wouldn't get the TG F lounge and spa in BKK.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RoninTech
What flight did you get to FRA on as this is also a factor? If you arrived on LH F you can use the LH First class lounge which is extremely nice! Basically the FCT without the ride to the plane.

We fly LH F to FRA and then TG F to BKK. That way you get the FRA LH FCL as well as the TG F lounge and spa in BKK. You could fly LH F to BKK and get to use the FCT but then you wouldn't get the TG F lounge and spa in BKK.
I flew out already - originating in FRA. TG F was wonderful. The royal treatment on the ground in BKK ensures I will want to fly with them again!

Old Dec 10, 2011, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
As Im having this TG F FRA-BKK evening departure shortly I would appreciate advice, as Im flying in early morning. Best option for lounge/daytime hotel air/landside. Would really like to sleep some hours, and use internet.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by travelkid
As Im having this TG F FRA-BKK evening departure shortly I would appreciate advice, as Im flying in early morning. Best option for lounge/daytime hotel air/landside. Would really like to sleep some hours, and use internet.
There´s the Sheraton Airport Hotel FRA which is pretty nice but pricey. However, it´s a very good deal if you redeem SPG points (better cash+points) as it´s a cat. 3 or cat. 4 hotel (can´t remember)

Apart from that options at FRA are limited. You could also take the train to either Frankfurt or Mannheim (<30min) and get a cheap hotel near the train station, though it´s probably not worth the trouble.

If you´re arriving on LH F you can of course access the LH FCL which has dayrooms IIRC. Internet is complimentary now at all SEN lounges. (and of course the FCLs)
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
There´s the Sheraton Airport Hotel FRA which is pretty nice but pricey. However, it´s a very good deal if you redeem SPG points (better cash+points) as it´s a cat. 3 or cat. 4 hotel (can´t remember)

Apart from that options at FRA are limited. You could also take the train to either Frankfurt or Mannheim (<30min) and get a cheap hotel near the train station, though it´s probably not worth the trouble.

If you´re arriving on LH F you can of course access the LH FCL which has dayrooms IIRC. Internet is complimentary now at all SEN lounges. (and of course the FCLs)
Thanks. Airport Sheraton is 4000 points + 60$ but doesnt work well arriving at 0715 flying out 2050ish. Hard to get that early check-in.

However, went straight to the great Senator lounge at B terminal. Quick breakfast, 4 hours sleep in the resting area (about 8 fully flat beds, blankets, pillows etc), then shower and lunch. Had no BP, but worked with printed itinerary and *G card. Dropped by the next door TG 747 day flight to get BPs, for shopping purposes. Evening flight is 777, and 1-1-1 config. Happy with the internet speed here^

Time to do some miles&points work before the caviar@:-)
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Thanks. Airport Sheraton is 4000 points + 60$ but doesnt work well arriving at 0715 flying out 2050ish. Hard to get that early check-in.

However, went straight to the great Senator lounge at B terminal. Quick breakfast, 4 hours sleep in the resting area (about 8 fully flat beds, blankets, pillows etc), then shower and lunch. Had no BP, but worked with printed itinerary and *G card. Dropped by the next door TG 747 day flight to get BPs, for shopping purposes. Evening flight is 777, and 1-1-1 config. Happy with the internet speed here^

Time to do some miles&points work before the caviar@:-)
I would think if you call that Sheraton and speak to them you could get a check in at 0715 as they are used to having day room reservations.

Also if you are flying in on LH in F they provide day room at nearby Kempinski - we are doing LH F SFO-FRA and then TG F FRA-BKK and have complimentary day room at Kempinski reserved.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Also, there's now a Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn at FRA (they are in the Squaire building over the FRA long distance train station). The HGI had decent <100 Euro prices in December-January last I checked. I bet they do dayrooms too.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:49 am

However, went straight to the great Senator lounge at B terminal. Quick breakfast, 4 hours sleep in the resting area (about 8 fully flat beds, blankets, pillows etc), then shower and lunch.
I haven't explored the new SEN lounge at B; you mean they now have beds in the resting area?
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eriond
I haven't explored the new SEN lounge at B; you mean they now have beds in the resting area?
Its a semi-dark, silent resting room with 8 flat beds, semi open outlying.

Regular blankets/pillows as on long haul Y.

Didnt contact the Sheraton for early check-in, not sure how they would have handled c+p, and I couldnt call flying in from central asia, and wouldnt book online without knowing.

Unfortunately I was flying in on LH Yikes. At least a full baby row. Probably because I was screaming like one to get one
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Flying TG C out of FRA. which lounge

what lounge does Thai use in FRA for C passengers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.