Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Times in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, LH SEN
Connection Times in BKK

I do have a 1h and 15min. layover in BKK. Coming in on TG from FRA in the early morning and need to catch a domestic connection, also on TG. Is that manageable?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: A shadow of my former self
Sure -- BKK is an easy airport to connect in, your eastbound flight might even be early if you get favorable winds, and if you happen to misconnect, there are plenty of later flights to domestic destinations. Enjoy!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K (plus a few others)
Originally Posted by IndyDavid
Sure -- BKK is an easy airport to connect in, your eastbound flight might even be early if you get favorable winds, and if you happen to misconnect, there are plenty of later flights to domestic destinations. Enjoy!
Agreed. You'll probably have enough time to stop by the lounge too.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
You should be fine, if your plane lands more or less on time.

1 hour and 15 minutes from international to domestic (TG-TG and *A-TG) should be fine in the low season including immigration, baggage collection and check in again. My best time is 37 minutes including a cigarette outside and a coke to go from the lounge.

In the high season it might be a bit tight.

Last edited by SASDC8; Jul 21, 2011 at 2:32 pm Reason: Point
Old Jul 21, 2011, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Mr.Niels
I do have a 1h and 15min. layover in BKK. Coming in on TG from FRA in the early morning and need to catch a domestic connection, also on TG. Is that manageable?
TG's domestic connections are split into two groups: 1) USM, KBV, CNX, CEI, HDY and HKT 2) all others.

The 1st group contain customs and so pax can just go through transfer immigration in BKK. Easy.

The 2nd group contain nothing that would allow an easy transfer and so pax must go through immigration and pick up their baggage in BKK before heading up to the 4th floor and re-checking in at the TG counter. With an initial 75 minute window it is quite possible to miss the cutoff for domestic flight checkin.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
What is transfer immigration, where does this located? Is this the same as normal immigration counter where you may subject to long queue?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHSEN
What is transfer immigration, where does this located? Is this the same as normal immigration counter where you may subject to long queue?
Transfer immigration is used when internationally arriving pax are then heading to one of the six domestic airports that have customs facilities.

It's located near the confluence of concourses C,D on the second floor.

I've never used it so don't know about the length of lines.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: various
When you arrive into the terminal, watch for the signs pointing you to the transfer immigration area for the six relevant airports. Usually TG incoming international flights also play the onboard video of arrival procedures--which describes this--during the last 30 minutes before landing.

Queue length is going to vary depending on time of year and time of day. However, if heading for one of the six airports listed above by dsquared, it's certainly going to be faster than going through regular immigration then walking up to departures and re-entering via the regular domestic security checkpoint.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiejie
However, if heading for one of the six airports listed above by dsquared...
Not sure when I last listed these airports, but here goes:
  • USM
  • HDY
  • KBV
  • HKT
  • CNX
  • CEI
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Not sure when I last listed these airports, but here goes:
  • USM
  • HDY
  • KBV
  • HKT
  • CNX
  • CEI
Uh, you had them in your post #5 above.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jiejie
Uh, you had them in your post #5 above.
So I did, unbeknownst to me. I was, um, actually playing around with BB Code!?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat, HHonors Gold, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
I have 70 mins to connect from my PVG-BKK flight to my BKK-SIN flight on TG during the December peak season. I will be checking bags as well. Anyone see any issues with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.