Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG-BKK-NRT Seats and Aircraft Swaps?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2011, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
HKG-BKK-NRT Seats and Aircraft Swaps?

So as part of my RTW, I will have 2 TG legs from HKG to BKK and then continuing the same day on a redeye to NRT.

I've noticed that the HKG-BKK leg is on a 747 and the BKK-NRT is on a 744, so what are the best seats for these aircrafts?

OTOH, I also want to know whether or not these routes have frequent A/C swaps depending on travel seasons or etc.

All legs will be in F, so am really looking forward the full experience.

Cheers!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
No takers? Oh well.. Never mind then.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Expect change of equipment anytime prior to departure on TG and possible downgrade in class of service as a result. That was my TG F experience.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Expect change of equipment anytime prior to departure on TG and possible downgrade in class of service as a result. That was my TG F experience.
Ah ok, will they offer downgrade compensations for a downgrade..
Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Experience or experiences?

Similar to UA *net blocking, to expect a change of equipment is a gross overstatement and not as common (NOW) as it was just two years ago.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 1:21 am

Programs: UA/AA
Perhaps this is true.
That does not help when first you have a confirmed reservation on a flight that is eliminated , then get rebooked on a midnight departure, and finally they make an equipment change to a plane with no first class cabin, resulting in a complimentary involuntary downgrade provided by TG.
Roll the dice and take your chances with Thai.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:01 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Experience or experiences?

Similar to UA *net blocking, to expect a change of equipment is a gross overstatement and not as common (NOW) as it was just two years ago.
Uh, huh. My aircraft for tomorrow just swapped to a different type AGAIN. My batting average is about 75% with an aircraft swap. Maybe I am particularly unlucky, but it seems to be the norm rather than the exception except on the long-hauls to, e.g., LHR or FRA.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Uh, huh. My aircraft for tomorrow just swapped to a different type AGAIN. My batting average is about 75% with an aircraft swap. Maybe I am particularly unlucky, but it seems to be the norm rather than the exception except on the long-hauls to, e.g., LHR or FRA.
Just when I was excited about booking F seats on the 747 between BKK and HKG on 11/28 ... Let's see if they swap the plane
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by coltonatx
Just when I was excited about booking F seats on the 747 between BKK and HKG on 11/28 ... Let's see if they swap the plane
TG606? not many swaps on this one!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
TG606? not many swaps on this one!
No. Just a 50% chance of getting old F (at least that's my experience). Still worth it for the ground experience at BKK.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
No. Just a 50% chance of getting old F (at least that's my experience). Still worth it for the ground experience at BKK.
yes you are right, but on this route during the day I would even prefer the old (also full flat) seats instead of the caged suites. cabin seems wider and larger and conversations are possible. Only those persons who prefer total privacy would prefer the suites
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
F-F connections are great with all the bells and whistles,
F-C are nice with the lounge and buggy but you are never sure what youll get for the massage....
Old Nov 24, 2016, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
F-F connections are great with all the bells and whistles,
F-C are nice with the lounge and buggy but you are never sure what youll get for the massage....
F-C entitles you to a 1/2 hour massage, but sometimes they throw in a one hour! so it is actually the thrill to sometimes get more what you are entitled to...
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold , Marriott Platinum. Both earned BIS/Nights
HKG-BKK -FCO in Feb

Didn't realize Thai had so many equip swaps

Booked A380 in F HKG-BKK and after a few days BKK-FCO on an A350 in C as part of y round the world trip.

Will really be pissed if I get an a/c swap especially HKG-BKK
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by PSPAirliner
Didn't realize Thai had so many equip swaps

Booked A380 in F HKG-BKK and after a few days BKK-FCO on an A350 in C as part of y round the world trip.

Will really be pissed if I get an a/c swap especially HKG-BKK
an equipment swap to 747 would hit you harder on the BKK FCO leg!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.