Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Contact email for ROP other than ropsvc@thai?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2011, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai Airways ROP *G; British Airways Executive Club Silver

Hi there,

Do any of you happen to have an email address for ROP customer services other than the standard 'ropsvc@'? I wrote them an email about the end of my current Gold card membership year - I won't bore you with the details but am just wondering on what email address I'm most likely to get a response.

All the best,

dinbangkok
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Gold, BMI DC (RIP), Avios
I think you will get a response from the email address you used, but it sometimes seems to take up to about 5 days !

How long have you been waiting ?

Why not ask your question here - you will almost certainly get a quicker response, whilst you await the official reply !

Regards, Graham
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: TG Plat
I sent a very short email to ropsvc@... about my Gold status on 02 June which has yet to receive a reply. It is likely not the fault of the ROP office staff. I now put it down to: too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

As I am not surprised it does not actually bother me, it is just the way things are. These issues, until recently, used to upset me but they have either worn me down or I have become less of a curmudgeon. I hope it is the latter and the Thai "mai bpen rai" has finally penetrated my psyche. Thai people are, in general, a lot poorer than us farang but a whole lot happier.

IMHO, and another generalisation, the frontline staff are excellent but their hands are always tied by poor and inept senior management. My previous stance was "well stuff you I'll fly SQ or whatever" but is this “cutting your nose to spite your face”? And will it be the frontline Thai staff that suffer from any declining business or the nepotistic senior management?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: AMEXROP, TG Gold, BAEC Gold, BD gold
Originally Posted by andyptrav
IMHO, and another generalisation, the frontline staff are excellent but their hands are always tied by poor and inept senior management. My previous stance was "well stuff you I'll fly SQ or whatever" but is this “cutting your nose to spite your face”? And will it be the frontline Thai staff that suffer from any declining business or the nepotistic senior management?
Spot on, the vast majority of Thai staff but not all, try really hard only to be frustrated by the majority of managers.

In all the years I have been here though I have found that patience does work, eventually. I have had some great results on getting a few things that could have gone either way but only by keeping my cool, being polite and most of all being patient, have I managed to get things done to my benefit.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Patience is a virtue...

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I actually got received a 'read' receipt for my email after a couple of days, but no response as yet (only 4 days). Whilst usually I'd share my dilemmas with the friendly folk on this board alas on this occasion I was actually enquiring about my Gold status (about to expire), and my rather late qualification for another two years. I've been Gold since 2005 but 2009/10 saw a momentary blip in travel for personal reasons.

Will let you know what if anything I hear.

DD
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: AMEXROP, TG Gold, BAEC Gold, BD gold
Originally Posted by dinbangkok
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I actually got received a 'read' receipt for my email after a couple of days, but no response as yet (only 4 days). Whilst usually I'd share my dilemmas with the friendly folk on this board alas on this occasion I was actually enquiring about my Gold status (about to expire), and my rather late qualification for another two years. I've been Gold since 2005 but 2009/10 saw a momentary blip in travel for personal reasons.

Will let you know what if anything I hear.

DD
Be patient, I had a similar situation and got a fantastic result but needed to wait a little while.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 2:45 am

My email sent 02 June and copied again 09 June. Still no reply.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by andyptrav
My email sent 02 June and copied again 09 June. Still no reply.
was your mail written in English or Thai?
if not in one of these two languages they seem to tend to forward such mails to the respective country office where the language is spoken.....and that often takes some time until one gets the answer, at elast if in German(y)....
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:59 pm

English and still no reply so I have given up.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:05 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold
ropsvc01 etc...
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

the clock is ticking...

Just an update... my email was read but I received no reply. I just re-sent an email explaining my situation as follows (paraphrased below):

--
ROP Gold held since 2005... was flying 50k+ on average per year... Stopped flying 2009-2010 as I left job in BKK to return to UK to be with mum (who was terminally ill). Eventually set up my own business and started flying again... BUT qualifying miles 2010-2011 only 33,658 and Gold card due to expire end of this month (July 2011). However, I've got a business flight booked to SIN via BKK on the 30th July 2011, returning end August... again all TG, all in C-Class ... which will take my total qualifying mileage between Oct 2010-Aug 2011 to over 50K miles (ie. in less than a year).
--

ROP Gold is what keeps me loyal to Thai... what are the chances that my unusual situation might be considered and that my membership is extended? From my travel patterns it's clear that I'm back on track to previous levels But will that be good enough for TG to 'bridge the gap' in my travels and extend my Gold card?

Any advice anyone has would be gratefully received. My wife suggests that I should call ROP rather than email...

dinbangkok
Old Jul 22, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Gold, BMI DC (RIP), Avios
Hello dinbangkok,

Perhaps this is an example of Thai ROP employees not being able to provide a positive response, therefore prefering no response to a negative one !

Although you have a fair case, I think the chances of getting what you want is slim, as ROP generally seems to go 'by the book' !

Outside Gold card validity, I think mileage level will be based on the calendar year, rather than the October-August you mention.

However, even a temporary drop to *S when you are travelling in C isn't too bad for a short period, as I think you see more benefits when travelling in Y.

I guess this might impact a Platinum invite, if you are mainly a C class passenger.

Alternatively a mileage run might be a consideration if you really want to keep Gold - I got a good deal on LHR to San Diego last year on CO gaining approx 12k ROP miles for a cheap S class fare. You may find some good intra Asia fares with good accumulation.

Good Luck, Graham

Last edited by gwhiteuk; Jul 22, 2011 at 4:13 pm Reason: Correct OP name.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

At last an answer...

Originally Posted by gwhiteuk
Hello dinbangkok,

Perhaps this is an example of Thai ROP employees not being able to provide a positive response, therefore prefering no response to a negative one !

Although you have a fair case, I think the chances of getting what you want is slim, as ROP generally seems to go 'by the book' !

Outside Gold card validity, I think mileage level will be based on the calendar year, rather than the October-August you mention.

However, even a temporary drop to *S when you are travelling in C isn't too bad for a short period, as I think you see more benefits when travelling in Y.

I guess this might impact a Platinum invite, if you are mainly a C class passenger.

Alternatively a mileage run might be a consideration if you really want to keep Gold - I got a good deal on LHR to San Diego last year on CO gaining approx 12k ROP miles for a cheap S class fare. You may find some good intra Asia fares with good accumulation.

Good Luck, Graham
Thanks Graham, As it happens you were absolutely spot on in your prediction. I finally received a short email just playing back what I knew already that I would fail by x miles to achieve the 80k qualification. Of course there's nothing they can do. It's an interesting point you made about calendar year qualification and one I shall bear in mind going forward. Ironically, 1/2 of my next trip will take place in the last two days of my current membership year, meaning that the miles will count for nothing (in terms of status at least)... As you point out though, if I stick to C-Class moving forward there won't be much difference at Silver other than a reduction in my baggage allowance (which will be more of an issue for my wife). Annoyingly I haven't used up my second Gold upgrade just down to lack of availability... Will just have to swallow that one!

Thanks again,

dinbangkok
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:49 pm

Programs: TK G
Dinbangkok,

If you haven't use your 2nd GUP yet, it is not too late to do so! You can use it = must book it into the TG system, before your TG G status expires, which means, if it expires by End of July, you have still some days to book another flight and use your 2nd GUP. But ticket and 2nd GUP must be issued before the expiry of your TG G status, but the flight can be after the expiry date.

You probably checked whether you can upgrade to first (if offered for your flight) for you SIN flight. Otherwise, just plan ahead, book a flight where they have availablity for GUP and use it for it! But keep in mind, once the GUP is used, dates/flights cannot be changed later on for the GUP, still better though than wasting the GUP...

Cheers ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.