Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Questions about seating (744 & A333) - separated cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold

Our family will be flying with TG for the first time on HKG-BKK-DPS (rt) but unfortunately, I was only able to secure 2 Business Class award seats and the other 3 are in Economy Class. Two of the sectors (HKG-BKK and DPS-BKK) are operated by the 744 with new J seats while BKK-DPS is operated by the 744 with old seats and BKK-HKG is by A333.

We've already selected seats so to be as close to each other as possible, with the 2 Business Class seats on the two new 744 flights being 25AB with 26AB for the old 744 while 23AB is for the A333. The 744 Economy seats are 33ABC, 32ABC and 33DEF (A333). I've noticed on SeatGuru that both the Business and Economy Class seats are very close to the galley / lavatory, are they really that bothersome or otherwise, I'll move the seats a bit further away from the lavatory?

Also, would the Y pax be able to use the lavatory behind 25AB / 26AB or is it strictly a Business Class lavatory? Are the seats I selected for Y ok in terms of viewing the TV screen?

Lastly, would FAs typically allow for the kids to visit us in Business (they're very well behaved)?

Yes, I've tried searching but results are either dated or do not mention the questions I've raised. Sorry for the excessive number of questions
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:05 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I travelled on TG some years back adn they are very accomodating for children. My youngest would come to the BC curtain and peer round. The FA's would see her and then walk her over to me. Thai are great with kids.

The BC loo's should be curtained off so would not expect too much of a problem. If it's the old config 744 the Galley runs down the left side of the aircraft and I never experienced noise problems.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:21 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
[QUOTE=toyotaboy95;15816744]would FAs typically allow for the kids to visit us in Business (they're very well behaved)?QUOTE]

You could move up and sit in First class, the toilets up there are better than yours and your kids could use your seats in Business.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I travelled on TG some years back adn they are very accomodating for children. My youngest would come to the BC curtain and peer round. The FA's would see her and then walk her over to me. Thai are great with kids.

The BC loo's should be curtained off so would not expect too much of a problem. If it's the old config 744 the Galley runs down the left side of the aircraft and I never experienced noise problems.
That's good to know. Is the lavatory behind 25AB (new config) /26AB (old config) a Y or C toilet, or do Y pax have to go all the way back?

Originally Posted by BKKROP
You could move up and sit in First class, the toilets up there are better than yours and your kids could use your seats in Business.
Great idea . Are award booking classes eligible for the standby cash upgrade or op-ups? (does TG even do op-ups?, I haven't read any reports here on FT)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.