Search

Seat allocation and *G Benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, HHonours Silver
Seat allocation and *G Benefits

Hello all,
First time on this forum as I've booked my first ever flight on TG. My partner and I are flying DEL - BKK on restricted eco tickets. The online booking experience was reasonably smooth until the end when I recieved the error message telling me that the seat allocation I requested couldn't be accepted. No problem I thought, but on checking our booking it seems the system has seated us quite far apart. Is there anyway I can re-request my original seats that I wanted or do I wait for check-in?

Finally as a *A Gold cardholder (not TG but bmi), am I entitled to any benefits while flying on TG (I presume at least lounge access at BKK)? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 11, 2010, 8:36 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
You can contact TG office to do a seat request for you now. You do not have to wait for online check-in.

As *G member, you will enjoy the standard perks granted to *G members such as Lounge Access, Priority Baggage Handling and additional 20Kg luggage allowance.

Enjoy your flight on TG.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, HHonours Silver
Thanks for that hclee01, will get in touch with TG for the seats.

Really looking forward to it, have heard great things about Thai.
Old May 18, 2010, 4:31 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by hclee01
You can contact TG office to do a seat request for you now. You do not have to wait for online check-in.

As *G member, you will enjoy the standard perks granted to *G members such as Lounge Access, Priority Baggage Handling and additional 20Kg luggage allowance.

Enjoy your flight on TG.
Is that really true about the excess baggage allowance? If so that it great, the Skyteam program doesn't do that, but if Star Alliance does it then I'm even happier that CO matched my status! Cheers, Powers
Old May 18, 2010, 5:47 am

It seems that *A is the only alliance where extra baggage allowance is a perk of ALL alliance elites - well - *Golds anyway....

...and it is a good'un!!! ^
Old May 18, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Powers106
Is that really true about the excess baggage allowance? If so that it great, the Skyteam program doesn't do that, but if Star Alliance does it then I'm even happier that CO matched my status! Cheers, Powers
Oh yeah. Last week I (TG ROP Gold) just flew a PEK-BKK-LAX-IAH-JAN sequence with first two segments on TG J and second two on CO Y, two different PNR's. Intra-Asia had a total of 50 kg (30 J standard + 20 excess allowance). That's kg not pounds. And on TG to North America and CO flights, 3 checked bags allowed for being *Gold, at 70 lbs apiece. I was travelling heavy for a change and actually had 3 pieces totalling about 55 kg (120+ lbs). No hassle whatsover and TG didn't even try to collect for the extra kg .

And all 3 bags were some of the first off the plane at LAX baggage claim. ^
Old May 18, 2010, 11:07 am

be careful on your ticket type

I'm TG ROP Gold, booked an economy ticket on Expedia, called up TG Bangkok to get my seat assignment... and was told "sorry, you cannot book any seat before row 50 - it's the new rules since January 1st, even if you are ROP Gold" (I also happen to be BMI gold too).

Cancelled the ticket (with a hefty penalty)
Old May 19, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: various
Originally Posted by tlongdon
be careful on your ticket type

I'm TG ROP Gold, booked an economy ticket on Expedia, called up TG Bangkok to get my seat assignment... and was told "sorry, you cannot book any seat before row 50 - it's the new rules since January 1st, even if you are ROP Gold" (I also happen to be BMI gold too).

Cancelled the ticket (with a hefty penalty)
Good to know your experience on this. The problem must be booking with Expedia (maybe also some of the other online booking engines), that TG puts those as lowest priority or day-of-flight only seat assignments. I never book tickets on TG with anybody other than TG directly--usually office as their website is fare-unfriendly--or local travel agents. I've always been able to confirm booking class desired and seats at the same time, doing it this way.
Old May 21, 2010, 11:24 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I would assume your fare class is below Q. Q and above, you should definitely be able to request a seat before Row 50. I heard this new rule a few months ago.
Old May 31, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: SQ TPP
I booked a Bangkok-Europe flight at the end of June on the Lufthansa website, and this included a Thai operated flight from BKK to Frankfurt. I booked a week ago and just got a message today that my seat allocation had been rejected by TG. There was no mention made of seat allocation restrictions when I made the bookings. I'm *G and have been for over a decade.

So my gripe is ...
I can't believe that it is taking them over 5 months to communicate this properly when people are making bookings via the website, and I also cannot believe that a struggling airline would impose this rule for their most loyal customers. Seat allocation was important for my booking (aisle in the 30s), and so I am asking them to cancel my bookings & will only use them as a last resort for future bookings. There are too many other airlines that treat their loyal customers far better.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Try using the Lufthansa "Manage my bookings" section - I've used it for TG, BD, LH & SQ with no problems, including on mixed airline bookings, award redemptions and travel agent issued tickets. Don't know what it will do with Q tickets though.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Is there any way to select seats online or do I have to call in?
(travelling First class KIX-BKK-SYD)
Old Jun 2, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Is there any way to select seats online or do I have to call in?
(travelling First class KIX-BKK-SYD)
Hi Jasper2009, Yes, you can do it on line, as you can also select your meal. It is unusual for THAI not to have arrange all that for you, very bad, I would be having a word with them if I were you. The Osaka flight I was unaware they had First on this route. There will be the newly leased 773 with suites if you are flying on the NRT route. The Bangkok to Sydney flight is an A346, so you have a 1-2-1 seating. If you are on your own, 1A is ideal, otherwise if it's a couple the centre is perfect. Arrival in Sydney is a little bit of a let down compared to BKK, they will fast track you through the system, but you will have to be pro active. On your return you will use the Air New Zealand lounge which you will find agreeable, they have some wonderful NZ wines and bubblies. enjoy your flight
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BKKROP
Hi Jasper2009, Yes, you can do it on line, as you can also select your meal. It is unusual for THAI not to have arrange all that for you, very bad, I would be having a word with them if I were you. The Osaka flight I was unaware they had First on this route. There will be the newly leased 773 with suites if you are flying on the NRT route. The Bangkok to Sydney flight is an A346, so you have a 1-2-1 seating. If you are on your own, 1A is ideal, otherwise if it's a couple the centre is perfect. Arrival in Sydney is a little bit of a let down compared to BKK, they will fast track you through the system, but you will have to be pro active. On your return you will use the Air New Zealand lounge which you will find agreeable, they have some wonderful NZ wines and bubblies. enjoy your flight
Thankīs for your response!

I didnīt book through TG, this is an award ticket (If this was a revenue ticket I never would have chosen to fly FRA-KIX-BKK-SYD in on go ) I only have the TG confirmation #, but I couldnīt find a "manage my booking" link on their website to access my res./slect seats etc. as I can with othr airlines.

The airplane scheduled for the KIX-BKK flight is a 747, though I donīt know whether itīs the new or old F config.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:13 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
See post 12,jjjshabadoo says you can do it on LH, TG seating avail just before flying, but ring and ask which seat/s you have been assigned

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.