Wiki Posts
Search

Change of upgrade instrument possible?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Change of upgrade instrument possible?

Do you think it´s possible to "secure" an upgrade seat with ROP miles and on the day of departure change it to a paid standby upgrade? Anyone did that before?

F.R.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
? Anyone did that before?

F.R.
I follow what you want to do, flyin'ruddl, and whilst I understand how it could be done, I doubt it would be done. I am positive you will be told it is one or the other. If you are trying for First or business, my observation is that whilst whY is always packed to overflowing, the premium cabins have a few spare seats.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by BKKROP
I follow what you want to do, flyin'ruddl, and whilst I understand how it could be done, I doubt it would be done.
Hmm, I´m talking C->F out of BKK. Let´s see, if there is space in C as well as in F -in which I´d be booked then- and I´d tell the ladies/gents to offload me from F and then .... you know what I want to tell. If luck is on my side and I could do it that way or another I´ll report back.

F.R.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I guess you want to do this as you value the miles more than the cost of the paid upgrade? And the paid upgrade also earns at the F rate, right?

Is the a cancellation fee to be paid when you 'cancel' your Mileage upgrade?

I think THAI staff might be very confused about what you propose, but I guess it doesn't breach th eterms and conditions....
Old Jan 31, 2010, 7:02 pm

I agree. I think you might get confusion all around. Hopefully you will encounter a clear minded staff who are able to process everything according to what you want. Good luck!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.