FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   The Disappearing Dom (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1025595-disappearing-dom.html)

andyptrav May 5, 2011 3:27 am

Yes 910, I was in 1K.

MAN Flyer May 5, 2011 7:39 am

We flew CDG-BKK a couple of weeks ago and they had the Rose for pre take-off drinks, the Dom came straight out after take-off and they certainly ended up opening a third bottle.

Originally Posted by Obokata (Post 16331113)
I heard that they sometimes swap the content - using a Dom bottle but cheaper champagne from J class inside. I wonder if this is true.

As much as they have undoutedly messed around with drinks in F in the last few years, even TG wouldn't bother going to that sort of trouble. Nice rumour though. :)

Originally Posted by andyptrav (Post 16331329)
I find the Dom and the white wines are never cold enough but maybe that is just me.

Indeed, they don't seem to concern themselves too much with chilling them like most other airlines do.

Land-of-Miles May 7, 2011 1:22 am

I am currently poised to take the last sector of my LHR-BKK-HKG-BKK F trip in around 36 hours.

Thus far there has been zero issue, in fact i wanted to try the Veuve Rose but that has been in much shorter supply than the Dom.

Excellent service on all sectors thus far although the food hasn't been great it has been a lot better than BA even on the short return C sectors BKK-KBV-BKK.

dsquared37 May 7, 2011 5:27 am

Flew BKK-LHR last week, 1/10 in F. After 2 or 3 glasses of Dom as PDB I was continuously served until landing. Probably 2 bottles total.

I rather enjoyed being the sole pax in the cabin.

concol May 7, 2011 2:45 pm

I flew BKK-MUC 2 weeks ago with only me in F. Great treatment all around ... I only started drinking champagne after take off and it was DOM. Glass was kept full all the time. After two glasses I pretty much had enough and was slowly sipping my third glass. I must of had that glass for about 45min when the FA came to me and said "sir this glass is warm and it doesn't have any more bubbles" ... before I could respond she took the glass away and re-appeared with a clean glass and proceeded to pour Dom from the bottle that was been chilled in the ice bucket.

chanp May 7, 2011 3:23 pm

Did hkg-bkk-syd-bkk-lhr all in F, Dom was plentyfull. Food was average, Rose was there and one of the reds and whites were not avail on each leg, different ones not avail.

vla May 8, 2011 10:07 am

Dom à go-go last night LHR-BKK on TG917, which was nearly a full house. Catering was very good as well.

SASDC8 May 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Did BKK-HKG-BKK in April and Dom was served as PDB and during the flights.

Food and service great on BKK-HKG and not on HKG-BKK, so business as usual on TG :rolleyes:

The lounge in BKK is great though ^

view May 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well, at least you had Dom. That's supposed to be a Bolly flight, but TG being TG nothing's ever certain.

dsquared37 May 15, 2011 11:40 am

Two weeks ago BKK-HKG I was the only pax in F. Dom was served from PDB through landing.

This evening on the return, 7 pax, Dom was again served PDB though landing. Food was rather middling today.

Land-of-Miles May 16, 2011 8:59 am

Originally Posted by view (Post 16377535)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; nb-no) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Well, at least you had Dom. That's supposed to be a Bolly flight, but TG being TG nothing's ever certain.

Had Dom in both directions a couple of weeks ago, ironically I rather fancied the Veuve Rose but it was Dom or nothing ;)

ianp Jul 2, 2011 7:18 pm

MUC-BKK on 25/6, wife and I + one other passenger who only had one glass ,
Dom was offered on boarding and we had our glasses topped up until we had had enough (best part of 2 bottles ! )

I think the Dom tastes much nicer than the Moet you get in the BKK lounge and better than the Lufthansa F champagne .

Food was nice and the service was excellent ^

dsquared37 Jul 2, 2011 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by ianp (Post 16663218)

I think the Dom tastes much nicer than the Moet you get in the BKK lounge and better than the Lufthansa F champagne .

The Moet tastes better than the stuff they serve in LH F.

macabus Jul 3, 2011 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 16663514)

Without a doubt.

ianp Jul 3, 2011 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 16663514)

On the Lufthansa wine list it tells you there Champagne was selected as a result of a blind taste test !!!

It didn't say if they selected the one they thought tasted the best though :D