FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   The Disappearing Dom (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1025595-disappearing-dom.html)

BobBHX Apr 12, 2010 7:46 am

TG924 BKK - MUC on April 8th - I asked and was told there were 5 bottles loaded. Certainly the Dom remained available throughout the flight and ther ewere several people drinking it.

Can confirm that the Grand Annee is now an official champagne on the wine list.

United_Flyer3 Apr 12, 2010 3:24 pm

TG916 BKK-LHR, Dom was on board, but only 2 bottles!

Bolly was served when it ran out.

MAN Flyer Jul 11, 2010 2:56 am

Did MUC-BKK, BKK-SYD, SYD-BKK & BKK-LHR last month and the had the now customary three bottles for MUC-BKK, six for BKK-SYD (only two of us in F so that was plenty!), four for SYD-BKK (having only done two in on the way down) and six for BKK-LHR. They broke open a fourth bottle on BKK-LHR despite the supposed limit on three for the outbounds, after a little persuading. ;)

BKKROP Jul 11, 2010 3:23 am

Whose supposed limit it would it be, compared to the number of passengers in First, not too many noticed this "supposed limit

Airgroovin Jul 11, 2010 5:08 am

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer (Post 14279034)
Did MUC-BKK, BKK-SYD, SYD-BKK & BKK-LHR last month and the had the now customary three bottles for MUC-BKK, six for BKK-SYD (only two of us in F so that was plenty!), four for SYD-BKK (having only done two in on the way down) and six for BKK-LHR. They broke open a fourth bottle on BKK-LHR despite the supposed limit on three for the outbounds, after a little persuading. ;)

Gentile persuasion can be a good thing where Dom is concerened...! :D

Cheers,

AG. :-:

pansted00 Jul 11, 2010 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Airgroovin' (Post 14279250)
Gentile persuasion can be a good thing where Dom is concerened...! :D

Cheers,

Still this is F class . You shouldn't have to beg to get what is on the wine list ....

Dr. HFH Jul 11, 2010 8:20 am

Originally Posted by hansie123 (Post 13577172)
Actually FA were filling our personal half-liter Evian bottles from big bottles. That was weird.

I've seen other carriers do that in F, too. One individual bottle per pax which is refilled as needed. Personally, doesn't bother me.

Originally Posted by United_Flyer3 (Post 13756985)
TG916 BKK-LHR, Dom was on board, but only 2 bottles!

For heaven's sake don't tell Macabus!!! He'll never fly TG again!!!!

Dr. HFH Jul 11, 2010 8:21 am

Would I be correct in assuming that the lobster ex-CDG is pretty good?

macabus Jul 11, 2010 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 14279791)
For heaven's sake don't tell Macabus!!! He'll never fly TG again!!!!

Actually, I won't fly TG again after a crappy F flight to FRA last year.

LX is now my favorite carrier to BKK in F.

Airgroovin Jul 12, 2010 3:12 am

Originally Posted by pansted00 (Post 14279451)
Still this is F class . You shouldn't have to beg to get what is on the wine list ....

I agree 100%... but tough times.. ;)

Cheers,

Rog76 Jul 12, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm taking TG607 HKG-BKK in F next week.. I take it Dom is not served on this short leg? Also, they are still the old config 747's on this leg right?

Coathanger Jul 13, 2010 5:00 pm

I flew SYD-BKK-LHR in June and then BKK-SYD a couple of days ago and there was no shortage of Dom thankfully.

dsquared37 Jul 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Coathanger (Post 14294604)
I flew SYD-BKK-LHR in June and then BKK-SYD a couple of days ago and there was no shortage of Dom thankfully.

That is a very subjective determination.

Globalist Jul 15, 2010 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Rog76 (Post 14289920)
I'm taking TG607 HKG-BKK in F next week.. I take it Dom is not served on this short leg? Also, they are still the old config 747's on this leg right?

You are right, if you have a 747 it will be the old config, and I actually like these comfy soft seats. (avod is horrible). They wont serve DOM but Bolly only.. (i kindly declined).

Globalist

brunos Jul 16, 2010 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Globalist (Post 14305392)
You are right, if you have a 747 it will be the old config, and I actually like these comfy soft seats. (avod is horrible). They wont serve DOM but Bolly only.. (i kindly declined).

Globalist

You sometimes get the 744 with new seats. But only Bolly.