Search

HKT-BKK aircraft and lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
HKT-BKK aircraft and lounges

Hi

First time poster to Thai forum. I'm looking to fly HKT-BKK return in March 2010 in business (Silk?). When I did some dummy bookings I noticed that when I went all the way through to purchase the tickets the aircraft type is listed. Long story short, I've noticed that this route offers a number of different aircraft configuration including 744 and 772. So I've got some questions...

- Is it fair to assume that these would be Int'l config business seats? Do you have any recommendations?
- Is there any way of seeing all daily flights with the corresponding aircraft without having to go all the way through to book on the thai (or any other)website? Are aircraft substitutions common?
- I believe there are a number of lounges in BKK that I would have access to including the 'Royal Orchid' lounge (can't recall name)? Though not flying first, would this lounge and fare entitle me to a msaage or any similar services at their premium lounge?
- I'm assuming there's a lounge in HKT? Is it any good?

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:18 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Gold_Member
Hi

First time poster to Thai forum. I'm looking to fly HKT-BKK return in March 2010 in business (Silk?). When I did some dummy bookings I noticed that when I went all the way through to purchase the tickets the aircraft type is listed. Long story short, I've noticed that this route offers a number of different aircraft configuration including 744 and 772. So I've got some questions...

- Is it fair to assume that these would be Int'l config business seats? Do you have any recommendations?
- Is there any way of seeing all daily flights with the corresponding aircraft without having to go all the way through to book on the thai (or any other)website? Are aircraft substitutions common?
- I believe there are a number of lounges in BKK that I would have access to including the 'Royal Orchid' lounge (can't recall name)? Though not flying first, would this lounge and fare entitle me to a msaage or any similar services at their premium lounge?

Thanks
Yes, standard international business seats - seatguru.com/seatexpert.com.
Yes, Expert Flyer.
A/C subs are very very common.
The domestic lounge at BKK is fine, no massages etc.
The domestic lounge at HKT is fine - intl loung is nicer and has beer.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:37 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Gold_Member

Thanks
Just flew this route last week. Was an A330 each way, with Intl short haul (regional?) business class seats. The a/c that took us BKK-HKT turned out to be the a/c that operated our BKK-BOM sector at the end of the week. There was a 747 (in old Thai livery) parked at HKT when we arrived, but no idea whether it came from BKK or not.

International lounge in HKT is fine, nothing special, but you'll need an onward intl connection that you've through-checked in for in HKT to be able to pass immigration & access.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:41 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by expatboy
Just flew this route last week. Was an A330 each way, with Intl short haul (regional?) business class seats. The a/c that took us BKK-HKT turned out to be the a/c that operated our BKK-BOM sector at the end of the week. There was a 747 (in old Thai livery) parked at HKT when we arrived, but no idea whether it came from BKK or not.

International lounge in HKT is fine, nothing special, but you'll need an onward intl connection that you've through-checked in for in HKT to be able to pass immigration & access.
The TG B744 operates BKK-HKT/CNX regularly and is scheduled as such . I was on it this week in 2E ^
Old Oct 8, 2009, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
I'm assuming the 744 is the preferred aircraft for better business class seating? Are there any other Int'l equipped aircraft for business on that leg?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
The entire fleet operates through to HKT and CNX so it's just a luck of the draw. There is a chance if you are in J on B744 that if it is full you can sit in the F section, as its only operated 2 class
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:14 am
NoY

Originally Posted by dazz81
The entire fleet operates through to HKT and CNX so it's just a luck of the draw. There is a chance if you are in J on B744 that if it is full you can sit in the F section, as its only operated 2 class
It does not need to be full - just ask at check-in at the airport or select at T-24 hour on-line check-in.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:22 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by NoY
It does not need to be full - just ask at check-in at the airport or select at T-24 hour on-line check-in.
It is not always available
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:54 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Not quite, at least I've never seen one of TG's two ATR's parked at HKT.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:05 pm
NoY

It is not always available
100% success - lucky me.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
complete luck of the draw on these domestic routes....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.