Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

Houston hotel within 15-20 mins of airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Anyone recommend a good hotel within 15-20 mins of IAH?

Not worried about price - just don't want some dirty airport hotel! We want something half decent for a 20 hour layover, without having to drive into downtown and get stuck in traffic...

Somewhere with a decent restaurant too!

Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 5:25 pm

I've stayed in the IAH Sheraton (meh), the Hilton Garden Inn (not bad), the Crowne Plaza at Greenspoint (very decent), and the Marriott at Greenspoint (the best of the group). Almost all have been an overnight to catch an early flight the next day. The restaurant in the Marriott is fairly good. The Crowne Plaza used to be a Sofitel with a nice French restaurant, but the current restaurant isn't worth a visit. Likewise the Sheraton's restaurant.

If you head out of the airport on JFK, there is a cluster of hotels and restaurants where you'll find the Sheraton and the HGI. It's only 10 minutes or so to the Greenspoint area, and there are a ton of restaurants nearby, almost anything you'd want.

All the really nice hotels (FS, Icon, St. Regis, etc.) are either downtown or in the Galleria area, quite a drive from IAH.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.