Wiki Posts
Search

connecting flight times and immigration question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:21 am
Original Poster

connecting flight times and immigration question

Hi all

This is my first post here. I love this site. We booked our flight from Toronto to Guadalarja for March 2010. We got a good deal using Continental transfering in Houston. We have 1 hour 30 mins to tranfer flights. As long as the plane is not delayed. I cannot believe our luck 5 days later the Mexicana flight we wanted went down in price grrrrrrrrr LOL. Oh well

We fly into terminal B and need to get to E in Houston. IS this tough? Also do we have to go through Immigration ( we will have done so in Toronto) at least our bags go through without us.

Has anyone had an experience like this? I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas

Cheers
Katie from Canada
Old Jul 21, 2009, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Your arrival in IAH is domestic so you just have to transfer to the connecting gate/terminal. You'll have more than enough time if your flight isn't (too) late and you're not seated near the back.

The catch is on the way back. Immigration at IAH may take a long time.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Even if the flight is late and they are seated at the back, a 90 minute connection at IAH should be fine. The actual time to get between the gates should be no more than 30-45 minutes and it is all inside security so there is a pretty decent buffer in there.

The YYZ-IAH flight on the ERJ might be a bit numbing, but the schedule is fine.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:57 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
Originally Posted by cathlaur
Also do we have to go through Immigration ( we will have done so in Toronto) at least our bags go through without us.
If you do US immigration and customs preclearance in YYZ, then you should not have to do US immigration and customs when you land at IAH.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:59 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue to follow this thread in the United States -> South forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone

I do see that it is a pretty small plane. We will surive.
I am glad to know we should make it. Coming home will be tight with 70 mins yikes. Sorry Joey for posting in the wrong place. I will look around for the forum you are talking about

Cheers

Katie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.