Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking at San Antonio, Riverwalk

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2009, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Parking at San Antonio, Riverwalk

Just wondering if anyone knows how much it will cost to park my car when we go to the Riverwalk this summer? We're not staying on the Riverwalk and prefer to drive our car down to the shops, etc. Is parking done by meters? Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2009, 4:04 am

Yes there are meters but they fill up pretty quick. Rivercenter mall in my opinion is overpriced. There are a couple of places near LaVillita one is a church, and the other is just a parking lot, I believe both of those are $5.00 to park.

I will take a drive down there tomorrow night and take a look to give you street names and such. We are actually going downtown tomorrow to do our nightly walk, we change locations to enjoy the SA sights.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 4:15 am

http://lavillita.com/index.php/Shops...a-Villita.html

Actually looking at the map, the church parking that I am suggesting may be the St. Johns and the other parking location is on the left hand side from South Presa Street, maybe across the street from #3 on the map.

If you have time while on the River Walk try to see Alamotion perform
http://www.visitsanantonio.com/visit...x.aspx?id=5123

You will truly enjoy it!!!

Last edited by Stars4SA; Jul 1, 2009 at 4:22 am
Old Jul 4, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
The various surface lots near the Riverwalk are not grossly overpriced. Check the Riverwalk maps, pick one and park, somewhere in the middle, allowing strolling in both directions.

Be prepared for it to be "HOT". Your posting location is not given, but San Antonio Summers are severe.

Easy side trip downtown....The Mercado, a cheap aparking garage (on top), "souvenirs" and the always welcome break at "Mi Tierra", certainly not the best TexMex, but all day and all night, every day of the year, nothing like it.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 8:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
There was a convenient parking garage across from the Grand Hyatt, next to the Marriot last time I went. It got us within walking distance of the mall, Alamo, and the convention center. I can't remember the exact price, but it was pretty reasonable and it was covered (a big plus in the summer).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.