Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Texas Beach hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2009, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Best Texas Beach hotel

I've searched for forums and haven't seen much about Texas beach hotels. Any favorites between Galveston and South Padre Island? The nicer the better--pool, restaurant, rooms etc. I know not to expect luxury, but never found an option that from the online description looked that good.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
Brooking,
The only hotel I have stayed at on Galveston Island is the Hilton. It was decent enough for my needs, though I was there for a convention (the convention center is very close by). The outside looked a bit dated, but the interior was nicer. The rooms were comfortable and the service was good. I dont remember the pool being anything special. As far as restaurants go, there were quite a few within walking distance so we didnt eat at the hotel.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by drnp
Brooking,
The only hotel I have stayed at on Galveston Island is the Hilton. It was decent enough for my needs, though I was there for a convention (the convention center is very close by). The outside looked a bit dated, but the interior was nicer. The rooms were comfortable and the service was good. I dont remember the pool being anything special. As far as restaurants go, there were quite a few within walking distance so we didnt eat at the hotel.
The Sheraton, Radisson , and Holiday Inn are all pretty decent hotels right on the beach at SPI.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:11 am

The Galvez and San Luis are the best beach hotels in Galveston.

Don't know about South Padre.

dan
Old Jun 26, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Galveston visitors need to understand that none of the hotels are "on the beach", but across 4 lanes of traffic on the Blvd (with a seawall to find stairs down before hitting the sand).

SPI hotels are on the beach, and isn't there a Holiday Inn "on the beach" at North Padre Island, across the inlet from CC (and with Snoopy's on the way)?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:21 am

A few years back I had several nice stays at the Omni in Corpus Christi. It's right in the city and on the bay so there is no surf. Padre Island is just a short drive.
http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel...ighlights.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.