Reload this Page >

Parking at DFW - options, questions, suggestions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking at DFW - options, questions, suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
I have used Parking Spot on and off the last year. I signed up for their Spot Club rewards. I have mainly used FastTrack since the Southwest Spirit magazine had 1 day free coupons in one of their issues by in Oct. I got the coupon from several magazines on my trip.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:29 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by utpharmdoc
I have used Parking Spot on and off the last year. I signed up for their Spot Club rewards. I have mainly used FastTrack since the Southwest Spirit magazine had 1 day free coupons in one of their issues by in Oct. I got the coupon from several magazines on my trip.
Has anybody of you tried renting a car? I rent a car with Alamo. After applying a 25$ off coupon and a Southwest Triple Rewards Promo, I pay around 50 - 60$ for 3 days every week. I get a brand new car to use on the weekend (I do all my weekend driving using the rental car) and then return the same car to the airport to take my flight for next week. I have been doing this for 3 yrs and me an my wife just have 1 personal car. It saves on insurance (do not need insurance for 2 personal cars), less mileage on your personal car and a brand new car to drive every week. I also get 1.5 to 2 Southwest points every weekend (depending on promo). I put the value of these points at 15$ per point. So in effect, the rental costs me about 25$ - 35$ per weekend. This is better than parking your car for 4 days at the airport.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Entering in from South Side....two places come to mind:

Has anyone had any experience with remote south parking?

Or would you reccmd The Parking Spot-DFW South more?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ssafro1
Entering in from South Side....two places come to mind:

Has anyone had any experience with remote south parking?

Or would you reccmd The Parking Spot-DFW South more?
I've switched to Parking Spot South. With the online coupon, covered parking is $8.20/day.

#1 reason is covered Especially this time of year with the risk of hail storms.

#2 reason is they have never delayed getting me from car to gate quickly. This was the reason I stopped using FastTrack (I later switched from parking on the North side to South side). On the rare occasion I was running very late they were willing to take me immediately without issue. They are also quick to pickup (call when you're ready).

I'd recommend Parking Spot South. I've been extremely pleased with the services they provide and my experiences with them.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Suggestions on long term parking @ DFW.

Just wondering which is the cheapest long term parking option at DFW and how long one could expect to take to get the parking lot to the terminal.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
DELETED

Last edited by miamigrad; Jul 8, 2010 at 10:50 am Reason: What I posted is no longer relevant due to thread/forum move
Old Jul 8, 2010, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does one have to reserve long term parking? How long should one budget to get from lot to terminal for Parking Spot South?

Anyone used this service:

http://www.pnfnetwork.com/referrer/D...FZAJ2godeDzfyQ
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Parking at DFW

I believe that the Parking Spot or the like that have the buses with the spots on them are the cheapest at around $7.95 or $6.95 with the coupon. I believe they take about 15-20 minutes to get from them to the terminal depending on which one you leave from.

I am heading there myself tomorrow and you reminded me I need to dig out those coupons.

Happy Travels
Old Jul 8, 2010, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Does one have to reserve long term parking? How long should one budget to get from lot to terminal for Parking Spot South?

As far as reserving a space--I think it all depends on when you plan on traveling and whether you have a plan B, but when I spoke the the person over there last she made it sound like they are rarely full.

Time wise, I would say maybe 15 minutes from car to terminal. Depends on what terminal, how many people are in the same van as you, how soon the van departs after you get on.. a lot of variables.

Side note, make sure to print your 20% coupon off!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by ssafro1
As far as reserving a space--I think it all depends on when you plan on traveling and whether you have a plan B, but when I spoke the the person over there last she made it sound like they are rarely full.

Time wise, I would say maybe 15 minutes from car to terminal. Depends on what terminal, how many people are in the same van as you, how soon the van departs after you get on.. a lot of variables.

Side note, make sure to print your 20% coupon off!
Reservations are a must at Thanksgiving and maybe Christmas otherwise I haven't worried about them. The odd thing with Parking Spot is you'll end up paying more if you reserve or try to use the express exit since you can't use the 20% off coupon. I would think they would want to encourage people to do both. If you print the online coupon be sure to get the right location or they won't accept it (the inflight mag. coupon is good anywhere).

Time wise is the same issues as security check in - there's always the chance a disorganized family of 8 will show up. I'm pretty comfortable arriving 35-45 min before my boarding time (assuming use of the priority access line).

Park-n-Fly is more expensive. The advertised price is for uncovered parking. It's been years since I've parked there but the last time I did, I discovered that their carport coverings were so high up that they provided almost no protection. I don't know if they've changed that or not.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by UA Fan

As a data point, last Friday afternoon (4th of July weekend), I called Parking Spot North, and all they were full except for valet service. When I called the South location, they said "plenty of spaces".

As a reminder, the prices quoted at the off-airport places all have tax added to them. The rates in the airport are tax-inclusive, so you're not saving quite as much as it appears.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, TSA PreCheck
I have found the Parking Spot to be pretty decent for $6.95 and they have north and south locations unlike Park and Fly. Both offer a frequent parking program which isn't too difficult to redeem so there's a small long term upside to using those services.

Depending on how 'long term' you are looking for the shared ride shuttle services start around $40 RT from your house to DFW and back.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:54 pm

Here's a data point I don't recommend trying ;-)

From turning into the parking lot to entering the security line was 10min!

I was running extremely late and debating hard about actually parking at the gate or risking the shuttle. I finally decided that the risk of a full garage at the gate was greater so I pulled into Parking Spot South at 5:45pm with my flight boarding scheduled to start at 5:55. I told the attandant I was extremely late, she pointed to the closest spot, called a shuttle come get me (one that was not already picking up passengers) and take me straight to my gate.

I stepped into the security line at 5:55 (after tipping the driver well) and was at the gate by 6pm. The flight then proceeded to be delayed for 40min :-P
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swag
As a data point, last Friday afternoon (4th of July weekend), I called Parking Spot North, and all they were full except for valet service. When I called the South location, they said "plenty of spaces".

I asked the attendent at the south lot and she also confirmed that one never needs to reserve there even during holiday weekends.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Parking Spot South works for me. Takes the creepy factor out of late night arrivals at DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.