Wiki Posts
Search

Parking at DFW - options, questions, suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Best way to/from DFW (parking)

Posted here since AA's home is DFW - hope it's appropriate

So I loved Park Air Express' service and $5/day covered parking, but alas DFW decided they had a better purpose for the land and didn't renew the lease so Park Air is gone. Now I'm stuck looking for a good alternative.

I've used FastTrack twice with good service at $8.60/day pre-paid. They claim their "premier" parker program get's discounts or you can buy vouchers in 30 day increments (good for 1yr) at a discount. Somehow they all end up being $8.60/day

I need my car - leaving from home but straight to work after trips
Has to be covered - too many hail storms in Dallas (of course a hail storm at the right moment and I won't care about covered anymore) :-)

Any recomendations?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
This will most definately get shoved off to the "South" forum (and this geographic notation for Texas makes me cringe...it should either be in "Texas" or "Southwest"...), but before it does, might I suggest checking out the Parking Spot (2 locations, plus Love Field). They typically have coupons on the website (and elsewhere) good for at least 10% off during the week, 20% off with a Saturday stay. They also have a frequent parker program, so be sure to sign up for that. I currently have about 2 months worth of free parking accrued with them.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by MtStream
Posted here since AA's home is DFW - hope it's appropriate

So I loved Park Air Express' service and $5/day covered parking, but alas DFW decided they had a better purpose for the land and didn't renew the lease so Park Air is gone. Now I'm stuck looking for a good alternative.

I've used FastTrack twice with good service at $8.60/day pre-paid. They claim their "premier" parker program get's discounts or you can buy vouchers in 30 day increments (good for 1yr) at a discount. Somehow they all end up being $8.60/day

I need my car - leaving from home but straight to work after trips
Has to be covered - too many hail storms in Dallas (of course a hail storm at the right moment and I won't care about covered anymore) :-)

Any recomendations?
FastTrack emailed me coupons good for $5 a day parking, good thru Dec. 31, 2009. Send me a private message if you want one.

Last edited by dogcanyon; Sep 4, 2009 at 12:31 pm Reason: changed wording
Old Sep 4, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Glad you posted this on the AA forum! Many of us here are in DFW. I don't check the "South" forum, although I might have to take a peek.

I had been meaning to try Park Air Express. Bummed that it's gone. I usually just use the Remote South Parking, at $7 per day. The car I usually take to the airport is 10 years old, so I don't care about covered parking. The shuttles are reasonably regular, although I invariably see a couple Parking Spot (and previously Park Air Express) shuttles go by before mine arrives.

If I tried anything else, I would want something on the south side of the airport, as that's much closer for me.

If I/we go for more than a week or more, I usually just get a ride to the airport from my wife or a friend. If it's going to be under $50 (i.e. a week at $7), I prefer to pay to park.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by dogcanyon
FastTrack emailed me coupons good for $5 a day parking, good thru Dec. 31, 2009. Send me a private message if you want one.
Thanks, I'll send the PM. I thought if they were sending coupons I would just call and talk to someone about a better discount for the pre-paid vouchers. I got an Asian call center - she didn't know what the pre-paid voucher price would be.

She repeated the "Premier members get 10% discount" but I really confused things by describing how the price was the same no matter what I did.

The call got dropped, no biggie. I'll keep checking around.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A durable link will be left in the AA Forum, so anyone searching can find the link - but the thread has been relocated to the South Forum, so it can serve US, DL and other flyers seeking parking information at DFW.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Don't discount the covered parking at the on-airport Express lots. Current rate for covered is $11/day, increasing to $12 in October, but those rates are inclusive of taxes. The advertised rates at the off-airport lots usually have tax added on to them, so make sure to calculate properly when comparing.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
I usually just use the Remote South Parking, at $7 per day.
I see this is going up to $8 per day in October.

Does anyone know of any hotels along 360 south of the airport that offer cheap airport parking and shuttle? Seems like that would be a good option.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 7:18 am

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
Part of the choice depends on which way you are coming/going.

We use Park and Fly, which is just off I-635 north/east of the airport. It's pretty convenient for North Dallas/Richardson/Plano etc. If you're coming from the west, not convenient. They have covered parking available, and you can prepay on their website and save a little.

They also helped out one very cold winter night when we came home to a car with a dead battery. (Might be why we still go back!)
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:11 pm

DFW Off-Airport Parking

I know this will get bumped to "South" but I'm hoping for some responses before it's condemed to the abyss to never be heard from again.

I fly out of DFW every weekend on my own dime. My former covered parking service at $5/day was put out of business by DFW. Thanks to a FTer I've been using a FastTrack coupon for $5/day but that has now expired and I can't seem to find covered parking for under $8.20/day.

Any suggestions/insider help?

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
An airport code put a airport parking place out of business? Or do you mean the free market of customers coming and going from DFW?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Though American Airlines is DFW's largest airline tenant, this thread belongs in the South Forum - and will soon hang its hat there, y'all.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Where in the Metroplex do you live? Have you looked into public transportation?

We live in downtown FW and regularly take the TRE train to Centreport, then hop free shuttles to Remote South and DFW. (No TRE on Sunday, unfortunately.) I've also noticed DART buses at South Remote.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
An airport code put a airport parking place out of business? Or do you mean the free market of customers coming and going from DFW?
He means DFW imposing/raising fees for off-site companies that provide competing products to make their own products more attractive.

I use the Parking Spot -- or at least I did before I shifted mostly to a neighborhood taxi. You can always find 10-20% off coupons (20% for Saturday night stays) at their website or in the American Way (AA's inflight magazine for those that end up reading this in the "South" forum -- although doubtful since no one reads the "South" forum -- and don't get me started on the geographic mis-categorization of Texas on FT ). Plus, if you sign up for the Spot Club, you'll earn free parking.

Last edited by aamilesslave; Jan 13, 2010 at 5:17 pm
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by atxtraveler
It's a long story, most of which is on FT. In short DFW has an exclusive on airport contract with an LA based co that's losing money. They keep demanding higher fees and limited access for the off airport companies. DFW owns most of the land surrounding the airport and decided they wanted the garage facilities used by park air express for the on airport valet/limo parking. So they lost their lease. It was a shame - the service was excellent and at a very fair price.

Back on topic - I'm comming from Carrollton so TRE would req going downtown. DART isn't convienient from here either.

FastTrack service has been good but they're impossible to communicate with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.