Wiki Posts
Search

No boarding pass required!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex etc
No boarding pass required!

So I just came though TSA pre at DFW D and on to my AA to LHR and the only time i needed a boarding pass was to access Flagship lounge.

Both security and at the gate all they asked for was my passport.

is there some backend magic now that ties up pre flight info provided to AA to my passport number?

Visions of being offloaded for ‘not being at the airport’ having not scanned a BP at security but seems there’s some magic going on!
Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Facial recognition.
pmcbeagle likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex etc
Right - and passport at gate was accompanied with face scan - it’s just a novelty not to have to produce a boarding pass at all at any point in the process - the passport must link to a checked in boarding pass in their system somewhere.

most other tsa pre lines I’ve been through recently want ID and boarding pass
Old Nov 20, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by pmcbeagle
Right - and passport at gate was accompanied with face scan - it’s just a novelty not to have to produce a boarding pass at all at any point in the process - the passport must link to a checked in boarding pass in their system somewhere.

most other tsa pre lines I’ve been through recently want ID and boarding pass
Tangentially related to this thread, many TSA checkpoints have gone to needing only ID (License or Passport). So yes, there must be some automated backend linkage to boarding passes/passenger manifest info. So far, I have still needed to present my boarding pass at gates; however, this is for USA domestic flights. My recent international flight experience is limited to one data point that wanted both BP and Passport (flying out of Pittsburgh).

--Jon
pmcbeagle likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 10:11 pm

Programs: VS Flying Club, UA Mileage Plus
Anyone know what they are currently asking for at Terminal E pre-check? It's hard to kerp track as every airport seems to be doing something different now and also every terminal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.