Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyingHoustonian
IAH / Houston, George Bush Intercontinental Airport

United FT forum thread on IAH

Hotels for overnight near IAH

Lounge thread on IAH and HOU:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...s-iah-hou.html

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

IAH Airport General Questions [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:26 am

IAH: Updated info TSA Pre for connecting int’l pax. What’s faster?

I connect through IAH fairly often international to domestic and always go upstairs. I usually have plenty of time, but it has been a bit chaotic the last few times. Is it faster to exit to arrivals? Does E have pre check? Maybe I just never noticed the signs. Couldn’t find any recent posts and my next connection might be tight.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by CostaKari
Is it faster to exit to arrivals? Does E have pre check? Maybe I just never noticed the signs. Couldn’t find any recent posts and my next connection might be tight.
Check the IAH logistics thread on the UA forum. There is no check-in / security at E right now due to construction. You can exit the customs area to the left and go out and down to the subway to B or C, or walk to D, and use pre-check there. I made the walk E - D in January, it is a couple of minutes to cross to D, I can't say whether it would be worth it. Maybe. I checked in at D in November, and pre-check was totally empty.

(I checked in at D because it was the first stop on the parking shuttle and traffic was terrible and I wanted to get off the crowded bus asap.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.