Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyingHoustonian
IAH / Houston, George Bush Intercontinental Airport

United FT forum thread on IAH

Hotels for overnight near IAH

Lounge thread on IAH and HOU:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...s-iah-hou.html

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

IAH Airport General Questions [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Divy65
I'm from the US, going from St Louis Lambert airport to IAH - catching connecting flight to Calgary Canada, bags will be checked through. Is 60 minutes enough to make connection, if flight is on time? Will be this May on a Sunday 8:27am arrive.... 9:32am depart if that matters. TIA
I've flown on UA from STL to IAH, connecting onward, dozens of times, especially on Sundays. A piece of cake. Looks like you'll be on the first flight of the day, which is usually a mainline 737 or A319, which should mean it's a little more reliable than the regional jet flights. It also means you'll probably arrive Terminal C instead of B at IAH, which should make an easier connection to your Canada flight. At STL, skip the long line at Starbucks and go to Dunkin' at the end of the terminal by A18.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:26 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by YadiMolina
At STL, skip the long line at Starbucks and go to Dunkin' at the end of the terminal by A18.
You should ALWAYS skip it for Dunkin'

Of course it's easy when in Canada, just head straight to Tim Horton
Old Jun 8, 2023, 5:00 pm

Garage Parking by RESERVATION ONLY

IAH currently enforcing a policy where one may park at any of the terminal garages only with a reservation. Security contractors standing in the road at the entrances demanding to see a reservation before permitting one to pass. There are signs advising of this on the way in, and they are to be believed. Everyone else is directed to the two remote EcoPark lots. This is not indicated on the fly2houston.com website--ignore their estimates of availability.

And, reservations are only taken 2 hours in advance, so trying to get one on the fly on your phone on the way in is a no-go.

Kind of a dumb policy, at least for my case, where I needed to accompany a flyer into the Terminal--the bus ride to and from the remote lot was longer than the time I needed to park.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 9:33 am

Flying in on AA arrives Terminal A connecting with BA - which I guess is terminal D. Is there a tram or something besides the one in the basement that connects without having to go through security again?
Old Jul 26, 2023, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
Flying in on AA arrives Terminal A connecting with BA - which I guess is terminal D. Is there a tram or something besides the one in the basement that connects without having to go through security again?
Yes, of course, it's been like that over a decade (to Term A anyway, the rest at least two decades).

The one in the basement (which can be fun) is call Subway, the one that is inside security is call Skyway, and it is very quick. Term A is at one end, Term C/D is at the other so it cannot be much easier

And you are correct, BA is in D.

Oh, and you have to look for it, because IIRC it's not actually marked all that well. Though IIRC the one in the basement is even harder to find (I used it last when the airport shuttle dropped me off at A and I had time to kill - guess for old time's sake).
Old Jul 26, 2023, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Yes, of course, it's been like that over a decade (to Term A anyway, the rest at least two decades).

The one in the basement (which can be fun) is call Subway, the one that is inside security is call Skyway, and it is very quick. Term A is at one end, Term C/D is at the other so it cannot be much easier

And you are correct, BA is in D.

Oh, and you have to look for it, because IIRC it's not actually marked all that well. Though IIRC the one in the basement is even harder to find (I used it last when the airport shuttle dropped me off at A and I had time to kill - guess for old time's sake).
Thanks - I stayed at the marriott a few times and too the subway to terminal A. Used to live in kingwood and woodlands back in the early 90's - so not too familiar with the tram. Had a good milage redemption on BA and it's a club suite flight instead of the crappy BA seats on the 380 out of DFW.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 7:30 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
We are flying home from New Zealand in November and yesterday NZ opened up a decent amount of J award space on the AKL-IAH flights. The issue we are finding is UA is not opening any partner saver awards on the IAH-ORD legs. The positioning flights home are pretty cheap...just trying to figure out how much time we'll need before we "safety" book our IAH-ORD flight. The NZ flight (hopefully) lands IAH at 2:10pm. We are considering an AA flight that departs 4:54pm. There is also a UA flight that departs at 6:40pm. We'd prefer the AA flights as hubby is EXP on AA and have 0 status on UA. We both have global entry and being in J should get off the NZ flight fairly quickly. Any thoughts on if the AA flight is doable or too risky?

Either way we'll book a backup using miles. Worst case we'd cancel the AA flight if we miss it and have a $$ credit. Thanks for any thoughts.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I’d be comfortable booking that AA flight.

I’d recommend staying left after Terminal E customs, passing the baggage re-screening area on the right, exiting the secured area of Terminal E, taking the elevator down to the basement, taking the basement train to Terminal A, and reentering the secured area at the Terminal A security checkpoint (A North checkpoint if you have TSA PreCheck, then two left turns; A South if you don’t).
aztimm and chicago747 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 2:34 pm

They've changed this so many times. For a while, we could use automated kiosks and/or a "quick pass" lane if in transit to Canada from international destinations. Now, it seems they've gone back to the old way where you have to stand in a long line to talk to an actual person. Which obviously takes a lot longer and this affects connection times. Does anyone know if this is still the situation there? Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2023, 10:42 am

Howdy! I left my Kindle on a British Airways flight inbound to IAH on 9/9/23, and calls to the Lost and Found have been (so far) unsuccessful. I’ve got an AirTag on the case, does anybody recognize this location in the airport?

My assumption is all lost property is turned over to the airport, but I was in First — is it possible BA held onto it?

https://ibb.co/LPG5JNC
Old Sep 19, 2023, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by jpreeves
I’ve got an AirTag on the case, does anybody recognize this location in the airport?
It's definitely Terminal D at IAH. I'm guessing it's the BA check-in desk, but might be an office or lounge upstairs.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by YadiMolina
It's definitely Terminal D at IAH. I'm guessing it's the BA check-in desk, but might be an office or lounge upstairs.
Thanks Yadi! (And from my STL roots, Go Cards!)
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Besides UA Polaris and AMEX CL, where else can I shower if I fly *A? I'm reading that Minute Suites is part of PP, but I have to pay $20 to shower for 30 minutes?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 6:36 am

Programs: AC Plebeian Super Elite
I know i can walk from terminal B to terminal C (or take the tram) all without clearing security (transfer flight), but I am thinking about just booking a night at the Marriott at the airport. I presume though that if I leave B to go to the hotel that i'll have to reclear security for my flight out of terminal C?

I know, dumb question, but thought i'd ask. Thanks!

Originally Posted by lsquare
Besides UA Polaris and AMEX CL, where else can I shower if I fly *A? I'm reading that Minute Suites is part of PP, but I have to pay $20 to shower for 30 minutes?
Now this i know, yes.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by kubees
I know i can walk from terminal B to terminal C (or take the tram) all without clearing security (transfer flight), but I am thinking about just booking a night at the Marriott at the airport. I presume though that if I leave B to go to the hotel that i'll have to reclear security for my flight out of terminal C?
Define tram. To me tram is the Subway down in the basement, where you would have to re-clear security, and Skyway is the above ground that you do not have to re-clear security.

And yes of course if you go off airport to the hotel (even though it's connected), then you would have to re-clear security to get back into the secure area at the airport.
aztimm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.