Old Feb 23, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyingHoustonian
IAH / Houston, George Bush Intercontinental Airport

United FT forum thread on IAH

Hotels for overnight near IAH

Lounge thread on IAH and HOU:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airp...s-iah-hou.html

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

IAH Airport General Questions [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:03 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Ben170292
Thanks for the response, Yes connecting in IAH, so it sounds a lot easier than LAX, that's good to know

I mean global entry enrolment on arrival.
Not sure that they take walk ins. My understanding is that you need an appointment.

At any rate, the office is between D and E. If you turn left after Customs, it's just after Ruby's Cafe.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Not sure that they take walk ins. My understanding is that you need an appointment.

At any rate, the office is between D and E. If you turn left after Customs, it's just after Ruby's Cafe.
It's referring to the Enrollment on Arrival program. It's quite nice and I did it at PHL. You basically do your GE interview combined with immigration control.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival
aztimm likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA MM
IAH Terminal B -- no PreCheck today. I asked the TSA people there after going through and they said (paraphrasing) "We don't have enough people and there aren't enough passengers. Closed all day." What?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
IAH Terminal B -- no PreCheck today. I asked the TSA people there after going through and they said (paraphrasing) "We don't have enough people and there aren't enough passengers. Closed all day." What?
I've ran into that at Terminal A a few months back. Nothing you can do unfortunately besides going to another terminal, though I'd be surprised if that would be a timesaver.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:10 am

My parents are flying Air Canada, IAH - YYZ - FCO.

How fast and well marked are the Gold Track/Priority security lines? (Terminal A)
(looks like Terminal A, gate 9 is a virtual lock for their departure flight from reviewing FlightAware history.)
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:12 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by HolyTiger
My parents are flying Air Canada, IAH - YYZ - FCO.

How fast and well marked are the Gold Track/Priority security lines? (Terminal A)
(looks like Terminal A, gate 9 is a virtual lock for their departure flight from reviewing FlightAware history.)
easy enough. the entire checkpoint in A North goes down a single corridor. The UA club is across from the AC gates.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
easy enough. the entire checkpoint in A North goes down a single corridor. The UA club is across from the AC gates.
Knowing them, they will arrive 3 hours before their flight so thats perfect.

Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:07 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by HolyTiger
Knowing them, they will arrive 3 hours before their flight so thats perfect.

Thanks!
sure. 3 hours is way too early! It is the smallest United Club with no bathrooms inside club, but nice staff and bar, snacks, etc. like the others; just relatively tiny. Usually the North Checkpoint is not as backed up on the regular lines anyway. The south side with AA and Spirit tends to be a lot more O&D traffic and more delay prone but I digress.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
sure. 3 hours is way too early! It is the smallest United Club with no bathrooms inside club, but nice staff and bar, snacks, etc. like the others; just relatively tiny. Usually the North Checkpoint is not as backed up on the regular lines anyway. The south side with AA and Spirit tends to be a lot more O&D traffic and more delay prone but I digress.
It is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and their first time flying alone so they will be taking all precautions.
Stay at airport hotel Tuesday night for traffic, arrive 3 hours early for security lines, fill a notepad with notes to refer too, etc..

It is their 50th anniversary so i booked them in AC J to Rome, while my wife and I will be flying Delta One through ATL.
They are excited and nervous.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
IAH - MAN on SQ...

MOD - I think this question might go here but if it should go somewhere else please feel free to move.
I'm flying IAH - MAN on SQ. I'm also flying STL - IAH on a separate ticket on UA.
I'm looking for advice on getting my boarding pass for SQ since I will arrive airside and as far as I know, in order to get my boarding pass, I would have to go to the SQ check in counter which is before security?
Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: SQ*G, SPG Platinum, FPC Premier
Duty free wine at Terminal E

Hi there. I’ll be doing an international-international transit at IAH E and was wondering if there might be a good selection of wines to buy there? Preferably Napa Valley but am open to other US wines (recommendations welcome). Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:54 pm

TWA livery

Friday Sept 10th, while at IAH, Terminal A, we saw a tail reading,
​​​​"TWA" sitting where a jet bridge/lack of window combo prevented us from seeing the rest of the plane.
​​​​​​What's the story behind its presence there?

TWA was my airline of choice, when we lived near St Louis. It was fun but curious to see it peeking at us.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:32 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Xelodia
​​​​​​What's the story behind its presence there?
Pure coincidence

You mean this one:

AA, like many other airlines have "heritage" liveries in their fleets, and since AA took over TWA fleet (and routes IIRC) it is their tribute, much like HP (America West) which was taken over by US Air which "merged" with AA. So last I checked, AA has HP and US heritage liveries as well. With a fleet of about one thousand planes, well you can do the math as to how likely you are to see one.

UA has heritage livery for Continental and a couple of others IIRC, Southwest has their "desert" livery (which I like to call poo livery, because after a couple of weeks in the sun, well, that is what it looks like, other than the orange).

American Airlines (Dallas/Fort Worth) on November 16 introduced its TWA heritage livery logo jet. The pictured Boeing 737-823 N915NN (msn 33227) wears the 1979 livery of Trans World Airlines with joint American and TWA titles.

Article continues ...

For my money, I'd go with AS, the "heritage" livery of Alaska Airlines looks so MUCH better than their current livery, let alone the previous version.

Actually, IIRC AA also has a heritage version of an older livery that is way better than what they have now or the previous version.

Sorry for going Off Topic ...
Xelodia likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Pure coincidence

​​​​
Thank you! Fun information, which I must not have searched hard enough for!
(and the "off topic" was fine with me too. &#128526
Old Sep 20, 2021, 5:02 am

Can anyone give me an idea of how long immigration might take for a non US citizen at IAH right now?

Trying to work out if I should fly via here or via DFW for a trip to AUS (direct isn't an option for where I'm arriving from).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.