Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COTA, Austin, San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:57 am
Original Poster

COTA, Austin, San Antonio

So I'm planning for the 1st time to goto the F1 race in COTA and would like to spend some touristy time in Austin and/or San Antonio.

I know Austin will be $$$$$$$$$$$ as compared to $ in San Antonio...but in you all's opinion is the $ saved worth the drive?

Also Austin vs San Antonion for some pics and touristy things...what do you suggest and why.... TIA!

I plan to be at COTA Fri/Sat/Sun. With arrival on 10/20 (half day to spend around Austin) and all 10/24 and possibly 10/25 to be a normal tourist.

TIA again!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:39 pm

I've stayed in SAT for F1 before when Austin was totally sold out and the drive really isn't bad. I like San Antonio a lot. But, there are still some great deals around Austin. Since I've been there so many times, I just stay in Round Rock. I've been to Austin for fun, work, F1, ACL, etc. so I really don't get too touristy. The drive in from RR is a breeze.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
We went to Austin on COTA weekend 2 years ago, but we may have been the only people in town not interested in the race. We just wanted an Austin weekend, and that was the one that fit our schedules. Hotel rates were crazy-high, but we did find a couple of options downtown that were available using points at normal levels, even on relatively short notice a couple of weeks before the event. So if you have any hotel points built up - or flexible points that can be converted - this may be a high value opportunity to use them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.