Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLL to IAH connections

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

CLL to IAH connections

I fly out of IAH many times each year. 75 miles to the parking lot from my home and usually have to deal with morning rush hour traffic on 290 inbound before taking the Beltway around. Afternoon traffic can be bad on the Beltway before even getting to 290.

SO.... I'm thinking of trying it out of CLL to IAH. About 50 miles from home to CLL. Free parking. Can't possibly have very lengthy TSA queues. And NO traffic!!

The flight I am currently looking at is actually about $30 cheaper originating in CLL than if I originated on the same flight out of IAH. Even if the fare was a little more, my company will pay the airfare but not for my parking, so....
Did I mention free parking at CLL?

There is about 45- 55 minutes connecting time in IAH. I'm happy to have a short connection time, since the flights are all RJs (UA Express) and out of the same terminal. My concern is that if the flight to IAH is delayed, I'll misconnect. This is particularly a problem on the return when the IAH-CLL leg will be the last one of the night.

Is there anyone out there who frequently fly out of CLL to IAH? What has been your experience re: on time flights and missed connections?

Another question... should I do carry on? (gate check and retrieve my bag in the jetway before rushing to connecting gate?) OR should I just check the bag at the ticket counter, giving me more time to get to the connecting gate at IAH and trusting that they'll get my bag on the plane?

Thanks!

Ken T
Bellville Texas
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread as I move it to the FT Texas Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
I have flown out of CLL several times, but always connected at DFW (on Eagle). It's a small airport with two gates. I always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. One downside is there is no pre check (just 'pre check lite' - so you get to keep your shoes on).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.