Old Sep 14, 2014, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Uber or LYFT at DFW?

Any problems using either out of DFW?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP-HH Dia-MR Titanium /LT-Plat
Uber at DFW

The last time I checked an Uber driver cannot pick up at DFW but can drop off. This was about 2 weeks ago when I used the service. The info came from the UberX driver. Once in the city I was able to use it twice and had a great experience both times. The second ride was a drop off at DFW.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I wonder if Lyft can pick up at DFW?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 7:16 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Would Uber be allowed to pick you up if you took the Skylink to the Grand Hyatt and then requested a pickup there?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

I spoke to someone offline who said uberx was unable to pick up anyone, anywhere at the airport including either of the Hyatts.

Still would love to know about Lyft.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
For DAL Love Field, Uber Black & Uber SUV can pick up, but UberX cannot. I think DFW isthe same way? They do have airport rates listed on their website, though I suppose those could be drop off only?
https://www.uber.com/cities/dallas
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP-HH Dia-MR Titanium /LT-Plat
New info

Just found out that Lyft has the same rules as Uber. Its a "taxi licensing issue" .. Last week I found the same thing in Chicago at ORD & MDW
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
One of my Uber drivers said that some people take a hotel shuttle and request UberX from there. This seems like too much of a hassle for me though.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Uber Black and Uber SUV will pick up from DFW. They are just regular licensed livery cars. I've used it before.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

I was in a hurry, didn't want to wait for the hotel shuttle and so called lyft to pick me up at my hotel and drive me back to the airport. I got his cell number and called him when I returned to DFW the next day directly. He was able to pick up at the airport, only he did not put the mustache on the car before entering the airport and I paid him directly of course instead of going through lyft.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:59 am

UberX cars cannot pick up at DFW or DAL. If you are an experienced Uber user you can drop your pin right outside the airport and request the an UberX. Contact the driver immediately after the request and tell him/her what gate or baggage claim you are at! More than likely they will come get you. They are always there dropping off anyway.

You other option is to take Dart to the first station and get off and request an Uber
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by ToolbeltDiva
UberX cars cannot pick up at DFW or DAL. If you are an experienced Uber user you can drop your pin right outside the airport and request the an UberX. Contact the driver immediately after the request and tell him/her what gate or baggage claim you are at! More than likely they will come get you. They are always there dropping off anyway.

You other option is to take Dart to the first station and get off and request an Uber
This. I do it all the time - a driver taught me the trick.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:21 am

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
This. I do it all the time - a driver taught me the trick.
Fantastic advice! I'm going to remember this.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:33 pm

Couldn't such rule-thwarting cause insurance problems?
Old May 2, 2015, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by swag
For DAL Love Field, Uber Black & Uber SUV can pick up, but UberX cannot. I think DFW isthe same way? They do have airport rates listed on their website, though I suppose those could be drop off only?
https://www.uber.com/cities/dallas
UberX is now available at Love Field DAL.

Via email:

FLYING SOMEWHERE?

We're excited to announce that uberX is now available for pickup at Dallas Love Field Airport!

Now uberX offers the most affordable ride to, and from, the airport. For example, a ride from DAL to Addison is as low as $15 - $25*. So, whether it's the beginning or end of your journey, let us take the hassle out of your travel.

How to arrange an uberX pickup at Dallas Love Field Airport:
  • Once you've landed, pop open the app and make your request
  • Your uberX driver will meet you right outside of the baggage claim
  • There will be a $2 fee assessed for pickups or drop-offs at Dallas Love Field Airport, which will be reflected on your receipt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.