Good BBQ in Houston

Old May 3, 14, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, DL nobody, HH Dia, National EE
Good BBQ in Houston

Can anyone recommend a good BBQ joint in Houston? We were there a few months ago and we found what we thought was a local place but much to our disappointment it was a chain, it was ok....nothing to write home about.

Being a southerner I can appreciate good BBQ and I want to see what Texas has to offer.

Thanks y'all.
Old May 7, 14, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I haven't had BBQ in Houston myself, but if I were, I'd trust this guide. Anything rated 4 or better will not disappoint.

http://www.tmbbq.com/?s=houston
Old May 9, 14, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus, *A
I can personally confirm Gaitlin and Vergie serve good barbecue. Gaitlin's Q worth the long Q when ordering food.
Have not visit Burns after the son or daughter took over the business.
Old May 12, 14, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
It's a bit outside the Houston city limits, but this blog headline got my attention.

Killens' BBQ in Pearland is going to crash everyone's top 10 list.
Old May 28, 14, 6:53 pm

Location: Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C via Boston via New York
Depends on where you are, Gaitlins if in city limits, and if you're further down near Galveston then Killens, personally I love Gaitlins, ALWAYS arrive on Saturday morning at 10:15am if you plan on eating at anywhere close to lunch, anytime after 10:45am you're lucky if you eat around 2-3pm
Old Jun 1, 14, 5:31 pm

I had Gatlin's for the first time in December. The ribs have a little bit of a spicy rub, and I really liked the green beans, which had a bit of a Creole taste to them.

I've had Brisket House, which is also mentioned on the site posted above, before.

Don't shoot me, but I actually like Goode's. That's probably because it is the only bbq place my parents go to and what I grew up with. It's also where they bring out of towners to.

Gatlin's and Brisket House participate in Dining Rewards for United, so maybe they're also in AA's.
Old Jun 5, 14, 12:12 pm

I'm a big fan of Pizzitola's off I-10 (Shepherd St). It's near the Cadillac Bar.

Go for lunch, not dinner...I went once for dinner and the ribs were a little dry, vs. incredible every single time I've been. I like the pork ribs and the BBQ chicken, and the potato salad is also very good.
Old Jun 9, 14, 8:11 am

Luling City Market on Richmond.
Old Jun 24, 14, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Luling on Richmond is my favorite for their sauce. Goode Co if you want Pecan Pie. Killens is amazing. I think Gaitlins overrated and the wait to get food just isn't worth it.

Search this Thread