Reload this Page >

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: luggage issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

IAH / Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport:
Baggage / Luggage Storage, Assistance, Issues, etc. (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is there any luggage storage at IAH?
Knowing that lockers are out, maybe some shop/provider such as at the SFO International Terminal?

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 10, 2015 at 10:41 am Reason: Restore original post title
Old Jul 28, 2013, 5:17 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Don't ever recall seeing any storage, though if you have access to United Club, you could probably leave bags there (there may be lockable option in one of the clubs, but I'm not sure). IIRC someone mentioned leaving bags at the hotel, though it's outside of security (you can get there on the underground train).

EmailKid
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:40 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Is there any luggage storage at IAH?
Knowing that lockers are out, maybe some shop/provider such as at the SFO International Terminal?
I'm presuming you mean for carry-on stuff post security?

On the off chance you have a military ID card you can use the USO, or as EK noted the United club. IIRC a day pass to the club is $50, depending on how long you are staying it might be worth it, presuming you don't already have access. There are some contract and Euro lounges in term D, albeit open less than UA.

If you are going outside security as EK mentioned there is the hotel. Not sure how that works, I've only ever used hotels I am staying at but I do remember some comments on that in the past here in the sub-forum.

If you have bigger bags and a long connection you could try early check-in also. Good luck.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I'm presuming you mean for carry-on stuff post security?

If you are going outside security as EK mentioned there is the hotel. Not sure how that works, I've only ever used hotels I am staying at but I do remember some comments on that in the past here in the sub-forum.
Thanks for your reply. Of interest is storage outside of security for a couple of days. For this and other reasons leaving luggage at an airline club is not an option.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:34 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by EmailKid
IIRC someone mentioned leaving bags at the hotel, though it's outside of security (you can get there on the underground train).
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Thanks for your reply. Of interest is storage outside of security for a couple of days. For this and other reasons leaving luggage at an airline club is not an option.
Sounds like Marriott hotel is your only option @:-)

I'd give them a call to make sure left luggage is still on offer.

EmailKid
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Luggage storage at IAH

We are headed to GIG (Rio) for a few days via IAH , then to AMS for a few more.

Not wanting to carry cold-weather clothes to the tropics, is there a facility at IAH that will accept our storage of clothing for each climate for a few days?

Thanks for the input!
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM
If it were me, I would look to ship the weather specific clothing to the appropriate hotels, and save the luggage space.

Just a thought
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
I have transited thru iah quite a few times last year and know of no place to store luggage, probably due to security concerns but im sure it would do well if there were such a place there.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Forget shipping anything to Brazil - it will get held up in customs. And no one from the hotel will give a rip about bailing it out...

In Rio, unless it's business, all you need most of the year is shorts/skirt, light shirts, flip flops, a bathing suit and a canga (sarong for the rest of us). The last two you can buy literally on the beach (or nearby), and Havaianas at any supermarket.

Doesn't help you though from dragging coats and winter clothes there, unfortunately! Perhaps make a reservation at an IAH hotel and ship stuff there?
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL DM 1MM, UA 1MM
Good Idea!

Originally Posted by GimmeLegRoom
Forget shipping anything to Brazil - it will get held up in customs. And no one from the hotel will give a rip about bailing it out...

In Rio, unless it's business, all you need most of the year is shorts/skirt, light shirts, flip flops, a bathing suit and a canga (sarong for the rest of us). The last two you can buy literally on the beach (or nearby), and Havaianas at any supermarket.

Doesn't help you though from dragging coats and winter clothes there, unfortunately! Perhaps make a reservation at an IAH hotel and ship stuff there?
That's one solution I hadn't thought of! Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: 1MM UA Gold
Originally Posted by cosflyer
I have transited thru iah quite a few times last year and know of no place to store luggage, probably due to security concerns but im sure it would do well if there were such a place there.
Different airport, but probably same deal: I wanted to check a bag at DCA last summer when I had a free afternoon and a desire to walk around the memorials. The information desk there said no storage lockers in the airport since 9/11. They suggested Union Station, so I got to spend $40 to check a bag for 5 hours. :-/
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by bobblevins
That's one solution I hadn't thought of! Thanks.
Or...DON'T make a reservation....ship it there anyway, go snag it and apologize that you never were able to check in, as your plans had changed (I may or may not have done this a couple of times when needing somewhere to send an Amazon Prime shipment for a colleague)
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:22 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by cosflyer
For same day only, if you have access you can use the USO to store bags. just ask nicely, again same day only.

I've "heard" people also can leave them same day at a United Club, again same day only.

Neither help OP but wanted to throw that out there.

The hotel options are good.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:40 pm

Question Places to store luggage at IAH?

I am travelling from Europe to Guatemala and I want to leave my laptop computer in Houston and pick it up on my way back - 3 days later.

I am a United Club member - and I wonder if the United Club has any left luggage facility.

Thanks, I know this topic has been flogged to death, but its hard to get a definitive answer.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by upgradevirgin
I am travelling from Europe to Guatemala and I want to leave my laptop computer in Houston and pick it up on my way back - 3 days later.

I am a United Club member - and I wonder if the United Club has any left luggage facility.

Thanks, I know this topic has been flogged to death, but its hard to get a definitive answer.
No, one cannot leave baggage at the UC -- or any other airline club.

Moreover, for security reasons all storage lockers were removed many years ago from US airports.

Your best bet would be to inquire of nearby hotels - especially, the on-airport Marriott, if you may store your bag with them. Phone the hotel and ask to speak with the "Bell Captain."

When you telephone, do not use the term "left luggage" as generally only Americans who have traveled to Europe would know it. Rather inquire about "bag storage." It would also be best not to say that you wish to leave a lap top - it will give the hotel fears of liability - just a bag; moreover, it would probably be best to have a back pack or some other non-laptop looking bag to keep it in.

How long will you be in Houston? There is a baggage storage facility at the train station. http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten..._Page&code=HOS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.