IAH (golf) carts

Old Dec 10, 13, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
IAH (golf) carts

How can I book/hire one of those carts to get from the arrival gate to the TerminalLink train (to stay airside while connecting (most likely) from B to E?

I fly in next Wednesday (DEC 18) on UA5190 and out on UA0559. If 5190 is on schedule there are about 80 minutes between flights so that's fine. The problem is that UA5190 from YYZ has been delayed for way too long for the few past days. What if I miss the connection? The flights are on the same ticket.

Thank you.
Old Dec 10, 13, 6:05 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Pretty darn sure you can't hire them, plus it's not that far from gate to TerminalLink. Don't think you'd save more than three or four minutes at any rate. Term C or D where mainline flies from is another story, and you may be able to flag down one of the carts as they drive by. I've seen them give a ride if a passenger is running late.
Old Dec 13, 13, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
Calling the departing gate (agent) at IAH

Is there a way from those nice phones hanging from the walls at airports to call your departing gate to tell them you ARE in the airport on your way to the gate and ask them to wait for you (this is for IAH) if you're running late?
If yes, how you do that?
Thank you
Old Dec 13, 13, 11:29 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Run, Toto, run!

No you cannot use those courtesy phones to call the gate of your connecting flight - in fact, stopping to try to do that will only waste valuable time. Just high tail it to the inter-terminal Terminal Link train (which is within the secure area so no need to re-clear security) and get to your connection gate as soon as you can. If you have all your flights on the same ticket and miss the connection becasue of delayed arrival you will be accommodated n the next available flight.

Search this Thread