DFW - no skylink to / from Terminal E

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First

I boarded SkyLink today and heard an announcement stating "at the direction of the department of public safety, skylink will not be stopping at terminal E." They go on to tell you to take the terminal link bus to Terminal E.

Just a heads up for anyone who flies out of Terminal E but likes to check in at other terminals. The Terminal Link bus runs outside security, so you'll have to check in at Terminal E.

I asked at the Admiral's Club about the message and they said they hadn't heard anything about it.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by adambrock
I boarded SkyLink today and heard an announcement stating "at the direction of the department of public safety, skylink will not be stopping at terminal E." They go on to tell you to take the terminal link bus to Terminal E.

Just a heads up for anyone who flies out of Terminal E but likes to check in at other terminals. The Terminal Link bus runs outside security, so you'll have to check in at Terminal E.

I asked at the Admiral's Club about the message and they said they hadn't heard anything about it.
Without more information, it's hard to say for sure, but this could have likely been a temporary measure due to a particular incident or situation.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I don't know why the airport doesn't have a "SkyLink status" page on their website, the way they have "Parking Availability". But they have a Facebook page and seem pretty good answering questions there, including one about SkyLink status yesterday morning; you can always ask there.

https://www.facebook.com/DFWAirport
Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:25 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
They also seem very quick to answer questions via Twitter:
https://twitter.com/dfwairport
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:39 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Hm, the only reference to skylink on DFW's facebook page was to it replacing the old system in 2005

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.