Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in or around DFW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeromexico Platinum and AA Exec Platinum
Best hotel in or around DFW

Next week I will have a connection where I arrive DFW at 8pm and depart the next day 1pm. Where would you recomend staying? A decent gym and room service are important. Not interested in renting a car.

Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
DFW Hyatt? Right on the airport

http://dfwairport.hyatt.com/hyatt/ho...index.jsp?null
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:09 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the FT Texas Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeromexico Platinum and AA Exec Platinum
Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: VAG
Arriving at DFW at 12:44 am. Need to be downtown for a conference early in the morning. The hotel downtown I'll be staying at for the rest of the week (the Adolphus) is booked out on the night I arrive, so I guess I'll stay at the airport and head downtown first thing.

As I understand it, the only two hotels actually at the airport are the two Hyatts, correct? They're both quite expensive on that night. All the other hotels seem to be connected via shuttle bus; but many of the hotels' websites say things like "shuttle bus on request" and "shuttle: limited hours" which makes them sound too inconvenient on a night when I'm already looking at pretty limited sleeping time.

So can someone either: (a) suggest a nearby hotel with a reliable and regular shuttle bus (like, every 15 minutes), or (b) persuade me that no such hotel exists, making the Hyatt Regency a sensible rather than overly extravagant business expense?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:25 am

Stay at a different downtown hotel on arrival, so you don't have to deal with rush hour traffic into downtown the next morning? I assume you will taxi to downtown the next morning, so you might as well eat that taxi time on arrival, instead of dealing with a hotel shuttle on arrival and then budgeting extra time for rush hour the next morning. And I think you still have to deal with a shuttle if you stay at the DFW Regency. The Grand is newer and truly connected to the terminal.

Hotels within a few blocks of The Adolphus include the Joule, the Magnolia, and Crowne Plaza.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by wcj1
Stay at a different downtown hotel on arrival, so you don't have to deal with rush hour traffic into downtown the next morning? I assume you will taxi to downtown the next morning, so you might as well eat that taxi time on arrival, instead of dealing with a hotel shuttle on arrival and then budgeting extra time for rush hour the next morning. And I think you still have to deal with a shuttle if you stay at the DFW Regency. The Grand is newer and truly connected to the terminal.

Hotels within a few blocks of The Adolphus include the Joule, the Magnolia, and Crowne Plaza.
Hmm, that's not bad advice. I didn't think about the rush hour issue (not having been to Dallas before) but that's a good reason for making the journey at midnight instead of first thing in the morning.

I checked again and managed to find a room in my conference's reserved block at the Adolphus for that night anyway, so it's all easy. Thanks for the help!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
In case anyone has this problem in the future - I have stayed at the Westin DFW 2 times in the past when stranded in Texas overnight.

Both times, the property has been great and the shuttles have run regularly late enough at night to fetch me. The gym and rooftop pool are nice as well. It usually has unexpectedly cheap rates for being a Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.