Wiki Posts
Search

Bars near Hilton Americas / Restaurant ideas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
Bars near Hilton Americas / Restaurant ideas

Going to Houston for a conference in a couple of weeks and staying at the Hilton Americas. I gather that Spencers (Steakhouse in the hotel) has closed down and am looking for a nearby bar for pre- and post-dinner cocktails. The Lobby Bar is not an option - too darned busy for me. Any suggestions on something within a few minutes walk of the hotel? Does the Four Seasons have a decent bar? Any other suggestions?

How about restaurants? Ideally I'd like to be able to walk or take a short taxi ride, as there will likely be several of us dining together. I'm not averse to a longer ride for a decent meal. Nothing too stuffy, but looking for a good steak house, good BBQ and perhaps Italian.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 8:00 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stiff
Any other suggestions?
Post your questions in the appropriate thread for the Hilton Americas, (in the Hilton Forum). I'd assume those that have stayed at the property will know local bar/restaurant scene.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Near the ballpark and walkable is Vic and Anthony's - a nice steakhouse, especially if you're on expenses. Not stuffy. Bar is crowded. For italian, short cab ride to Nino's on West Dallas is not stuffy. Vincent Mandola, the owner, often visits tables, even though he's got 2 restaurants and a bar/lite bites place on his acreage. In fact, the bar in back is excellent for drinks - Grappino di Nino. Then hit Nino's next to it for dinner. BBQ is a bit of a drive - you can walk to Pappa's, but a drive to Goode Co BBQ probably is more of an experience. For tex-mex, the original Ninfa's on Navigation is good, so is the bar. They're starting a renovation on the ramshackle building, but it remains open. The bar there is managed by the guys that own Anvil bar, another great drink place not too far from downtown.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 29, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.