Wiki Posts
Search

DFW - Air Canada now in terminal E?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Fairmont
DFW - Air Canada now in terminal E?

Title says it all, I have an upcoming flight in November, usually it was in Terminal D, now says E. Anyone knows what's up with that?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Is it AC metal, or could it be a codeshare?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swag
Is it AC metal, or could it be a codeshare?
Air Canada Express - Jazz

I actually took this same flight a couple months ago, and we were in Terminal D!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then I don't know. Maube just an error?

AFAIK, DFW airport rules say all international departures and arrivals - even Canada and even pre-clearance - must use terminal D. The airport website and the Air Canada website both show AC in terminal D.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 8:03 am
Original Poster

I contacted AC, it's an error on their part, they'll fix it. It should be written Terminal D.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Am currently standing in terminal E at DFW. Walked past the Air Canada desk in terminal E, flight board says terminal E and there is a Jazz CRJ705 parked at gate E2. Riches to rags story going from D to E. I may think of switching back to AA after the hastle I just went through in E. Horrible, horrible place.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpeditedClimb
Am currently standing in terminal E at DFW. Walked past the Air Canada desk in terminal E, flight board says terminal E and there is a Jazz CRJ705 parked at gate E2. Riches to rags story going from D to E. I may think of switching back to AA after the hastle I just went through in E. Horrible, horrible place.
Always flew Terminal D, such a nice place :-(

Why'd they change it to Terminal E?

EDIT: DFW's site has been updated, http://www.dfwairport.com/airlines/p1_006901.php

I guess the person I contacted at Air Canada didn't know this..

Last edited by maRsaKiC; Nov 12, 2012 at 7:40 pm
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by maRsaKiC
Why'd they change it to Terminal E?
Because AC wanted to be near its Star Alliance partner UA (and nearer to US) and because there was available gate space.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dayone
Because AC wanted to be near its Star Alliance partner UA (and nearer to US) and because there was available gate space.
It's interesting that the airport approved it.

When they opened their shiny new $1.2 billion international terminal D back in 2005, they didn't have nearly enough flights requiring customs clearance to fill it up. So they required all international flights to use the new terminal, even departures and even pre-clearance arrivals. That, plus a smattering of domestic AA flights kept the new terminal fairly busy.

As far as I know, this is the first time since 2005 that the airport has waived that rule, and allowed international flights at another terminal.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 9:03 am

That and their start of the Terminal E reno and the upcoming shuffle to the satellite. I am not looking forward to that.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by ExpeditedClimb
Riches to rags story going from D to E. I may think of switching back to AA after the hastle I just went through in E. Horrible, horrible place.
You're considering switching airlines based on which terminal they use???

There happen to be some of us here in DFW that always park and clear security at Terminal E (E15/E16 entrances to be specific) even when flying AA out of A/B/C/D.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am

When they opened their shiny new $1.2 billion international terminal D back in 2005, they didn't have nearly enough flights requiring customs clearance to fill it up. So they required all international flights to use the new terminal, even departures and even pre-clearance arrivals. That, plus a smattering of domestic AA flights kept the new terminal fairly busy.

As far as I know, this is the first time since 2005 that the airport has waived that rule, and allowed international flights at another terminal.
As far as I know too.

Every once in a while AA ramp service makes things interesting in terminal D by sending pre-clearance bags to customs anyway!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 3:25 pm

No need for customs in Dallas as one clears US customs in Canada. This makes it more convienient for Star Alliance connections. Please this is a blessing, Term E is so much easier to park and clear security than D. Better option IMHO
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:06 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
While not great, ̶P̶r̶e̶s̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶'̶s, errr, United Club in Term E is OK (and supposedly set for refresh).

Certainly understandable why AC would want to be closer to its * A partners, especially if they can preclear in Canada.

EmailKid, having spotted AC in Term E for first time Saturday
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
While not great, ̶P̶r̶e̶s̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶'̶s, errr, United Club in Term E is OK (and supposedly set for refresh).
I think the refresh is in process. They had plastic up along the main wall on the side where the bar is when I flew out for Thanksgiving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.