Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best valet service at DFW?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Best valet service at DFW?

I recently started traveling again for work after a 5 year hiatus, and I don't know which airport valet service to use here in DFW.

DFW Airport Valet Parking is the most expensive ($25 per day), but is it worth it? They have an iPhone app, which would seem to make it easier to use them. Does anybody have any info on their Rewards program? I can't find anything anywhere.

I don't know anything about Freedom Park or the Airport Valet - does anybody have any recommendations on which valet service is the best? I usually travel for 3 days at a time, and the most important thing for me is that the valet be easy to contact in case I have flight changes so that they are in the right place when I get home. I like Rewards programs, too
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:42 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to FT Texas Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
I have used the one provided by the airport itself several times. It is easy being right inside the parking garage within fifty feet of the terminal. So far they have been fast and efficient. Since I am looking for the easiest option, I have never looked at any of the others.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Airport Valet is also in the airport garages, the yellow shirt guys just past the other valets. I used them once via a LivingSocial deal they ran. I was generally satisfied, but can't really compare them as I haven't used the others.

I did find the ad-on services very convenient; I got the state inspection and oil changed, price comparable to the local quick lube place, with the work done while I was gone, that saved me a bunch of time. And I like that their daily prices drop for longer trips.

https://www.theairportvalet.com/prod...icingInfo.aspx
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP
Finally a thread I am qualified to reply to.

I've used The Airport Valet (yellow shirts) for about six years now, and can't imagine parking any other way at DFW. I researched some differences between them and the DFW owned service this past spring and this is what I came up with (don't know anything about Freedom Park):

-The Airport Valet is cheaper($22/day) than DFW ($25/day) and gets cheaper the longer the stay. However you pay and 11% tax levied by DFW for using outside vendors. It's still cheaper by $.58 for days 1-3 and more if you stay longer

-The Airport Valet stores your vehicle off site in a warehouse, while DFW keeps it on the property. Ether way I wouldn't be worried about where it is stored, it's probably safer than leaving it at the terminal. I have a tolltag, but I guess if you don't have a tolltag Airport Valet would add on the exit/entrance charges to the airport?

-Both will track your flights and pick you up at different terminals and times should your arrival change. You don't have to contact them. Airport Valet gives you a bottle of water in your car when you arrive.

-If you didn't make a reservation, you can still drive up and use the DFW service whereas Airport Valet is not standing around the terminal waiting for your business. In a pinch I bet you could call them while you're driving to the airport and they will still take care of you. Just one extra step. Both have apps and web reservations.

-I have also used Airport Valet's add on services. Big time saver and prices are not out of line. If you have a Lexus they have partnered with Park Place Lexus to have service done as well.

-Airport Valet has a "Frequent Parker" program

All in all they are a similar service, but I like to use the small business owner when I can and have been a customer for a while with no issues. Wouldn't hesitate using the DFW service though, but have been real happy with The Airport Valet.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Got an email today from the yellow shirt Airport Valet:

All reservations for parking on or after September 1, 2012 will reflect the new pricing structure. Your new rate will reflect a modest $2 per day increase.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by swag
Got an email today from the yellow shirt Airport Valet:

All reservations for parking on or after September 1, 2012 will reflect the new pricing structure. Your new rate will reflect a modest $2 per day increase.
I use the DFW airport valet service. The reason is that even if you don't make a reservation they have stands where you can drive up and valet your car with them. The other services, afaik, require a reservation in advance.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 5:17 pm

I've used the Airport Valet for the past three years. I am constantly on the verge of changing, but have been to busy to research the alternatives. I find their service hit and miss. At least 25% of the time they are not there on time, having the valet actually help with my bags is an ongoing issue. Because of how my expense reporting works, I have to use a ticket instead of a tolltag, I've pretty much given up on that fight. The few times I have called with an issue, the issue was never noted, I had to follow up with several calls.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:24 pm

I have used the Airport Valet for years with no issues. It can be a challenge on occasion when they are located a good distance from your gate but otherwise a solid service.

You should always avoid using FreedomPark DFW valet. These guys are the red-shirt valets that meet you and take your car offsite.

The first time I used them, FreedomPark DFW valet left my car electronics in an odd configuration that spoke to their lack of understanding. I complained and they promised to make changes. FreedomPark DFW then offered me a complimentary service for the next trip. There were no issues.

Then the next trip, FreedomPark DFW returned my car with every warning light on. The car was in safe mode. The driver was upset and crying saying she didn't expect the car to roll backwards and did something to the shift lever then the lights came on... I took the car to BMW that day, it cost me $3K and FreedomPark DFW valet president, Ken Kundmueller wouldn't even take my calls. They were too busy calling my BMW service writer asking him to prove they did something wrong then denying to me that they called BMW.

They kept avoiding me when I asked them to do something. His son John Kundmueller would text then email saying they didn't do anything.

Don't risk your ride with these guys. This company is two kids running daddy's business. Very bush-league.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by travelngconsultant
I have used the Airport Valet for years with no issues. It can be a challenge on occasion when they are located a good distance from your gate but otherwise a solid service.

You should always avoid using FreedomPark DFW valet. These guys are the red-shirt valets that meet you and take your car offsite.
The Airport Valet is also an offsite service. Only The DFW Valet is onsite service.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:30 am

Is Airport Valet is also having any onsite service?

Last edited by sherlinsmith12; Apr 16, 2015 at 1:35 am
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:53 am

Stay away from dfw valet

It is not the airports service - use a third party like The Airport Valet. I have used them since they opened and the last 6 times they have not been there on my return. It took them the 5th time before anyone would actually call me about my dissatisfaction. This time on my return when the car finally got to me it was missing most of the lug nuts on the rear tire and one on the front tire. The only reason they didn't steal my wheels is the locking system. When confronted with my claim DFW wasn't really concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.