Search

IAH inter terminal train question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors
IAH inter terminal train question

Hi everyone,

I have a 9:30 AM flight from CLT to IAH on Friday Feb 24. I land in Terminal A (i have 3 bags) and need to go to terminal C to catch a shuttle. I am planning on using the inter terminal train to go from Terminal A to Terminal C. Since i have 3 bags, i would be using the baggage cart to transport my bags.

My question is whether i am allowed to take the baggage cart inside the inter terminal train as i go from Terminal A to Terminal C ? (I was told some airports don't allow passengers to take their baggage carts with them as they board the inter terminal train). I hope i have explained my situation clearly. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

BudgetFlyer.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by BudgetFlyer00
Hi everyone,

I have a 9:30 AM flight from CLT to IAH on Friday Feb 24. I land in Terminal A (i have 3 bags) and need to go to terminal C to catch a shuttle. I am planning on using the inter terminal train to go from Terminal A to Terminal C. Since i have 3 bags, i would be using the baggage cart to transport my bags.

My question is whether i am allowed to take the baggage cart inside the inter terminal train as i go from Terminal A to Terminal C ? (I was told some airports don't allow passengers to take their baggage carts with them as they board the inter terminal train). I hope i have explained my situation clearly. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

BudgetFlyer.
No
Old Feb 22, 2012, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. ^ Do you or others have any suggestion on how i could carry my 3 bags from Terminal A to Terminal C ? Is there a connecting road i could use to walk from one terminal to the other ?

BudgetFlyer.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'm going to move this thread over to the Texas forum here on Flyertalk, where it should hopefully get the attention it deserves.

Thanks!

aztimm
a US Airways forum moderator
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:05 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
It is a very long walk but as you leave the bagage claim at A and go down to the pre-security subway tram you can take the cart down the elevator and walk over to C. There is a carpeted path along the route of the whole train network (people run and work down there) the whole loop is close to a mile IIRC.

It will be a long boring walk (over half a mile) but it will get you where you need to go. I've seen people pushing carts down there before.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks, FH. ^That sure helps. I have time so i guess i can make that walk.

Thanks, aztimm for moving this thread to the right place.

On a related note, any idea where i could sit and read stuff at Terminal A or Terminal C arrivals ? I have about 5 hours to spare.

Last edited by BudgetFlyer00; Feb 23, 2012 at 11:40 am Reason: Added extra information
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:32 pm

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Terminal A has a bar/restaurant landside in the main checkin hall (Stadium City I think). Terminal C doesn't really have much other than a Chili's take away counter (no seating) on the bag claim level. I believe Terminal D may have something. Terminal B has a Starbucks.

The Marriott between C & B might be your best option. The only transport is the basement train (the above ground train does not stop there).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.