Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Testing
Reload this Page >

don't we love testing?

don't we love testing?

Old Nov 29, 2022, 3:01 pm
vji
Original Poster

don't we love testing?

It's a typical day. I wake up to the sound of Rhapsody in Blue in my ears. Ah, United, I say, as I land in ORD after a nice flight from HKG. Global services strikes again. I wait for the folks in 33C to deplane as I'm stuck in my middle seat. No upgrade again. Oh well, better luck next time.

Global Entry scans my retina and I walk to the customs agent. Apparently no one else has Global Entry becuase there is no agent. One finally arrives. "Anything to declare?", they ask. No, I just have my backpack today. I'm traveling light.

I hop onto my connecting flight into EWR. TSA recognizes me from two days ago. "Hello again, sir. Any liquids?" I really need to use the bathroom but I'm sure they didn't mean those types of liquids. I shake my head no and go through the scanner. I have all the positions memorized - hands up like you're dancing, hands down like you're dancing, "oh silly me, did I really forget my coins in my pocket"?

Delayed. Delayed again. Oh well, at least I can complain and receive 10,000 MileagePlus miles. What a steal. Too bad I wasn't flying Delta. They would have given me free pia coladas as I waited.

I get into EWR to make my transfer to JFK. It's dreary but at least I can use the Revel which I got some free credits. Oh nevermind, no drivers in EWR. I guess it's time to take the NJ Transit. I hop on the airtrain, grab myself a ticket, and get onto the NJCL to NYP. I doze off...

"Tickets please!" (snip snip) I hand the conductor my ticket...

Somehow I'm at JFK now. I see the workers removing the huge BRITISH AIRWAYS lettering from T7. Those letters needed a break. I'll probably see them atop T8's walls next week.

Time to fly my favorite routing: JFK-LHR-DOH-NRT-HKG. I did this to fly as many first class flights as possible. That's what the bloggers all advertise, so I feel like I'm living the dream.

After consuming my fourth glass of LPGS at the AA FFD, it's time to board my plane. AA decides to be creative and hands everyone a credit card application with their paper boarding pass. Unfortunately signing up for multiple went out of fashion in 2019. Too bad for them.

I doze off again...

Upon arriving in LHR, I take it to go to Harrod's. Love my VAT free shopping. I buy a nice wine for the road. I remember to adjust my accent so nobody takes me for an American.

side note: it's weird how everyone in the CX T3 lounge and in Al Safwa say "welcome back sir". Is there no more anonymity in this world anymore?

I board my flight to DOH. Looks like the entirety of Man United is on board. Well, this is going to be a fun ride...

For dessert, I see little soccer balls on my cake. The lobster thermidor is great as usual. I use the bathroom twice since I forgot I had to pee in New York.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.