Search

Well I'll be the first to say it.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2009, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Well I'll be the first to say it.

Besides IBB choosing to be down in the middle of the day when the majority of FTers are from the US the new front page SUCKS. Or is it just me?

Would IBB like a decent programmer, a decent layout designer, I get many compliments from my customers for making their lives simpler.

And guess what "search" still doesn't work.

In this economy how do you guys still have jobs?

It is apparent that your current audience is not what you want it to be. Just dumb down the audience to match the level of IBB.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
Besides IBB choosing to be down in the middle of the day when the majority of FTers are from the US the new front page SUCKS. Or is it just me?
I'll have to go look for this front page. I use "MyFlyerTalk", so I never see the standard front page. Therefore from what I see, nothing has changed (on the standard site- as discussed elsewhere, it seems the mobile site has gotten trashed).

FT does remain the slowest loading site of any I visit. It makes Facebook look fast and efficient. Maybe IB should ask ScottC for a recommendation of where to buy lots of cheap RAM or a good server?

edit to add: I just sought out that front page, you're right, it's butt-ugly and doesn't invite navigation.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
And guess what "search" still doesn't work.
You do know the search "upgrade" was a proud presentation from IBB on 2/24/09?
Originally Posted by JuCo
We are proud to announce the upgrade of FlyerTalk’s search functionality.
Would IBB like a decent programmer, a decent layout designer, I get many compliments from my customers for making their lives simpler.....

In this economy how do you guys still have jobs?
I start to wonder what are the problems.

Is it the IT department or the decision-maker who can't see the problems?
Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I'll have to go look for this front page. I use "MyFlyerTalk", so I never see the standard front page. Therefore from what I see, nothing has changed (on the standard site- as discussed elsewhere, it seems the mobile site has gotten trashed).

FT does remain the slowest loading site of any I visit. It makes Facebook look fast and efficient. Maybe IB should ask ScottC for a recommendation of where to buy lots of cheap RAM or a good server?

edit to add: I just sought out that front page, you're right, it's butt-ugly and doesn't invite navigation.

I don't use the standard front page either but it popped up after the DB upgrade. I'm not sure how long it has been there but they could at least have an "explore" button. I don't even see a "log in" button on the home page. If I click on "please start here" it tells that I'm registered. If I am not logged in it asks me to register.

However I have no problems with FT loading - using FF with AdBlocker Plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.