Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

How can I Unsubscribe from a forum? Related issues.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Asia Miles, SPG Gold (life), HH Gold, Golden Circle Jade

On My Flyertalk, the Unsubscribe link (at least for me) renders directly below the name of the forum by perhaps 2 pixels. It is incredibly easy to click this by mistake, and I do so regularly. It then doesn't even confirm user intention to do something destructive, so the result is unintentional unsubscribe and then having to go find the forum again and re-subscribe. I recommend three things:

1) Remove unsubscribe from that page, or move it somewhere less easy to accidentally trigger
2) Use a:hover or similar to make a visible indication to the user that the wrong thing might be clicked
3) Confirm the intention to do something destructive like unsubscribe
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Usability: Unsubscribe is too easy to press, doesn't confirm

On My Flyertalk, the Unsubscribe link (at least for me) renders directly below the name of the forum by perhaps 2 pixels. It is incredibly easy to click this by mistake, and I do so regularly. It then doesn't even confirm user intention to do something destructive, so the result is unintentional unsubscribe and then having to go find the forum again and re-subscribe. I recommend three things:

1) Remove unsubscribe from that page, or move it somewhere less easy to accidentally trigger
2) Use a:hover or similar to make a visible indication to the user that the wrong thing might be clicked
3) Confirm the intention to do something destructive like unsubscribe
Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I too have accidentally unsubscribed many times and would welcome such small changes.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I totally agree with you and have been agreeeing with you since 2005 .
Old Jan 18, 2009, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Let's bump and see if anyone who has the power to do something about this notices.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
plus one
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:55 am

I accidentally unsubscribed to two forums *again* this morning. It's especially easy to do on an iPhone/iPod Touch.

Grrr!

Can someone fix this please? Either that or I guess I'll just have to stop reading FT when I'm using the iPhone...
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:03 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
oh, goodie-it's happened to others......i just it was me being bald....
Old Mar 27, 2009, 9:31 am

In the way of an update, this item is on our list but has to date taken a back seat to other matters deemed more pressing. We appreciate the frustration this causes and agree with all of you that an adjustment to the placement of the link and/or to the validation process would be a valuable usability upgrade for members.

Thank you for your feedback and patience on this issue, and please be assured that, despite appearances, this one hasn't slipped through the cracks.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 5:54 pm

Thank you for the acknowledgement and update, Mikel.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 4:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Any change in status? This is still an issue, particularly when FT pages are slow to load.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
I'm bumping this request again because I seem to have fat fingers today and have already accidentally unsubscribed from two forums. With the proliferation of touch screens on phones, it's way too easy to accidentally hit the unsubscribe option.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
With you on this one!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 5:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
I'm bumping this request again because I seem to have fat fingers today and have already accidentally unsubscribed from two forums. With the proliferation of touch screens on phones, it's way too easy to accidentally hit the unsubscribe option.
Slow mouse can also cause a problem with this. At least once a month I accidentally unsubscribe from a forum.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I've experienced the same thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.