Location and Program lines

Closed Thread

Old Mar 29, 08, 8:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location and Program lines

The details in my program line mysteriously disappeared. In addition my location line became truncated.

Is this a glitch in the software or did someone (unauthorised) edit these?

Thank you.
MapleLeaf
Old Mar 29, 08, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Platinum
Is this what you're talking about?

MapleLeaf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Today LA, tomorrow helping take over the world... all part of the gay agenda
Programs: WeHo Gay Gold Card, Homosexuals R US (Platinum), Gay Recruiting Diamond (Lifetime)...
If so, it's visible to me at least.
Old Mar 29, 08, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Unless Mapleleaf changed his location & programs since the last time I paid attention to them, they definitely look/read differently than they did in the past.
Old Mar 29, 08, 1:49 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
The "..." would indicate that the programs entry was truncated, unless the OP put those in. IB may have added a maximum length for the section.
Old Mar 29, 08, 1:58 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Max. Length = 100 characters

I don't know if it's a change, but there is a limit: Max. Length = 100 characters.
Old Mar 31, 08, 10:43 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

Actually, I'll step forward with raised hand. I made the changes and thought you might have reasonable sense to "get it" without the drama. In case this small detail has escaped you, this is a travel oriented Web site of like-minded members. It is not a gay recruit depot and while I am trustful that my and others actions throughout the history of FlyerTalk can easily be defended as reasonable in this area, I think your continued attempts to push the envelope, the button or me to the edge needs to be reeled back in.

I'm the "unauthorized" person. No need to blame volunteers, moderators, technology or any other warm blooded individual within earshot or eyesight.

On behalf of the founding goals of FlyerTalk which was to talk travel, I find the following "Location: Today LA, tomorrow helping take over the world... all part of the gay agenda
Programs: WeHo Gay Gold Card, Homosexuals R US (Platinum), Gay Recruiting Diamond (Lifetime)..."

to be far from our values of travel. So, I will edit this again. I'm just amazed that it never dawned on you to think about what was posted. In this life, first examine your own actions before looking at others.

Now, as for your signature and the idea that we HAVE to discuss things like this "WeHo Gay Gold Card, Homosexuals R US (Platinum), Gay Recruiting Diamond (Lifetime)," well, I've got news for you. I and many, in fact almost all others would like to spend our time talking about "Hilton HHonors Gold Card, Miles R US (Dividend Miles Platinum), Working on Lifetime AAdvantage Gold." Your point "Careful, our location and program lines are now being edited WITHOUT discussion. I guess gay humour is offensive" is not the issue here. As most reasonable members of FlyerTalk will attest, humor of any kind is best appreciated when it is exhibited in a like-minded audience. We have forums for the humor of United's Check-in kiosks, we have forums for the humor of the DUI that the Chairman of US Airways received some months ago and we have forums for gay humour if you like.

This issue is about attention of the worst kind. It's not a gay issue, not even humour. But your attempt to draw attention to yourself is simply not going over too well. Here's what I suggest. Look back over the things you posted in your identifier and in your signature and with a straight face and looking at yourself on the mirror - say .... does this really belong as a permanent identification as to my identity as a traveler. Might I have toned it down a little? Might I have posted it in a more specific forum or place? Might when i noticed an edit, might i have contacted a volunteer and ask them to ask around to see if anyone knew what might have been the answer to where my information was? Only you can ask and answer these questions for yourself.

But I can provide you with a very specific answer - you now have to make up a question to fit the answer: On FlyerTalk, you will draw attention when you do not talk travel, and when describing yourself, nouns will always work better than adjectives.

Clear?

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf View Post
The details in my program line mysteriously disappeared. In addition my location line became truncated.

Is this a glitch in the software or did someone (unauthorised) edit these?

Thank you.
MapleLeaf