Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How can I get a preview pane?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:01 am
Original Poster

How can I get a preview pane?

I read other forums with the same format used here. On those forums I can place the cursor on a thread title and see a preview pane. I use this to decide whether or not I want to open the thread. It would save me some time, if I could figure out how to get a preview pane on this forum as well.

Is the preview pane avialable on this forum? And how do I turn it on if it is?
Old Mar 30, 2008, 2:38 pm
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by jimbiggs
I read other forums with the same format used here. On those forums I can place the cursor on a thread title and see a preview pane. I use this to decide whether or not I want to open the thread. It would save me some time, if I could figure out how to get a preview pane on this forum as well.

Is the preview pane avialable on this forum? And how do I turn it on if it is?
If it's a feature that is available in the software, it must be an administrative function that wasn't used (like user avatars). If it was a user selectable option it would be in the options (MyFlyerTalk>Edit Options), but it isn't there.

If you're using Firefox, there are several extensions available to do that (I'm using Cooliris, which puts a a little clickable icon next to the link when you mouse over it, clicking the icon pops up a preview).

EDIT: Actually, you can set it to automatically show the preview after a set number of milliseconds, and there are other user settable options as well).

Last edited by ed1; Mar 30, 2008 at 2:49 pm
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:24 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I use Cooliris with FireFox also. You can hover your mouse pointer over a clickable link and it will pop up a preview window. It's a great FireFox extension.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:29 am
ed1

Programs: NW: SE & WC
Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
I use Cooliris with FireFox also. You can hover your mouse pointer over a clickable link and it will pop up a preview window. It's a great FireFox extension.
You can set it to just mouseover the link, but I really prefer to use mouseover icon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.