Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Where is the possibility to ignore a thread?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF

In a recent thread about counting/not counting OMNI post counts someone mentioned a possibility of ignoring threads.

I would like to use that for a completely different purpose, but where is it?

What I would like to do is to ignore all threads in the Mileage Run Deals forum I am not interested in, or which have "Fare gone". This way I will only see new threads or threads I am interested in. Is there any way to do this?
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:04 am

Programs: No travel, no cards. :(
From a minor (not *proficient* in PHP) point of view, ignoring a thread on its own is not possible.

The only way I know to make sure you ignore a thread is to:

1. Respond in any thread you might have interest.
2. Subscribe to all threads you respond to.
3. Remove from the subscription any thread you do not like.
4. Once a day, hit the 'new posts' so you see what else you might want to be part of.
5. Read emails for threads instead of actually on the forum.

Rinse, repeat.

If anyone else comes up with 'ignore thread', I would be interested to hear it, as would several PHP-coders I know!
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:10 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
SmilingBoy,

Randy indicated that they were looking to implement an "Ignore Thread" feature... however, it has not been implemented as of today. I am guessing the IB technical resources are currently focused on fixing the search issues... and the "Ignore Thread" issue is not a high priority right now.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I see - this wasn't entirely clear from the bits I had read. Thanks! Would be great to have. And not only for OMNI.

callie-girl, thanks for the suggestion, but more or less this is what I am doing now; I wanted to see whether there was a simpler way.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:11 am

Programs: No travel, no cards. :(
SmilingBoy, I'm right behind you on this one. Several boards I know would love to have exactly that function. And I'd like to have it for myself on most of the boards I frequent.

The only way one of my boards is working that right now has to do with a separate section - you have to actively go to that section to see any new posts.

Perhaps that's a way to get past the "Fare Gone" type of thread? And early locked up threads? Send them to another section that is *not* included in the general "New Posts"?

Asch, I should be following my own advice here and subscribing to read rather than replying. It's my own fault, I was doing well as a lurker, but now I've opened the damned floodgates. Just enough information to be a wee bit dangerous, not enough to actually call myself an expert...or even an expert-in-training.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
I imagine the HOM team (and/or IB team) are busy with more important issues including all of the work tallying Freddys voting.

Is there a plan to implement this 'ignore thread' function at the next (or subsequent) maintenance period or when you get more time?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 9:52 am

In the way of an update, this feature request is still on our to-do list as far as researching to see if the plugin will work. I can't say for sure how close we are to a decision on this, but it is rapidly rising on the to-do list
Old Sep 27, 2008, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mikel and HOM crew, the ignore thread feature would be very helpful in some parts of FlyerTalk in the next forty days.

Thanks if you can enable this feature. ^
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer
In the way of an update, this feature request is still on our to-do list as far as researching to see if the plugin will work. I can't say for sure how close we are to a decision on this, but it is rapidly rising on the to-do list
Hi Mikel,
Is 'Ignore Thread' near the 'do' part of your To Do list yet?

It would be really helpful in our most non-productive forum. [Mentioned here]

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.