Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk WAP/Mobile version for PPC-6700

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2007, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA / SPG
FlyerTalk WAP/Mobile version for PPC-6700

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum, but I'm using Sprint PPC-6700 (similar to Verizon XV-6700) and CANNOT use www.flyertalk.com/wap or mobile.flyertalk.com (it states that the device is not supported).

Just wondering if has any advice on how I can view FT easier while on the road/plane using that PDA phone. I can view FT through the forum archives, but it lists threads by their original posting date (hence any new posts to old threads get embedded). I can also view the forum full-version, except for some reason the page gets really long and I have to scroll almost to the bottom to view the text.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by blahman; Jan 18, 2007 at 7:24 pm Reason: Added the word CANNOT in first sentence.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:07 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Have you tried clicking the link on the page that tells you that your device is unable to connect yet? By doing that (with your device) it lets the authors of the WiForums software know about your device. Another thing to try is if their are browsers other than the one you are trying to use available for your device (such as Opera) they sometimes work when others don't.

Old Jan 11, 2007, 5:24 pm
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
If you are using Pocket IE, use a registry editor on the phone to make the change below, exactly as it appears. mobile.flyertalk.com will now work.

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Internet Settings

Create a new String Value in the Internet Settings key called "Accept Header"

The value is:
application/xhtml+xml, */*

Last edited by Val; Jan 11, 2007 at 5:25 pm Reason: Stupid AD is clipping my post
Old Jan 18, 2007, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA / SPG
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Sprint:PPC-6700; PPC; 240x320))

Works like a charm. This is very neat! Now I can check the forums while on the road. Thanks Val!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.