Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Trouble with certain banner ads (Sheraton, NCR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble with certain banner ads (Sheraton, NCR)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2006, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Question Trouble with certain banner ads (Sheraton, NCR)

Hi there. Is there an easy fix to circumvent the page-loading problem caused by certain overly-animated banner ads, such as the current "Sherabration" and the former "National Car Rental"? The loading of the gif file causes the page to die, resulting usually in a reload.

Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 25, 2006, 7:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
This is not going to answer your technical question L1011...N/StoHNL! but it probably bears repeating again that FlyerTalk Premium is an excellent investment IMO.
For a mere $12 you get both a year‘s subscribtion to InsideFlyer magazine plus a totally ad free FlyerTalk experience.
For anybody who spends more than a few minutes a month on Flyertalk this is the bargain of the year.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 9:20 am
Tim at WebFlyer

There should not be a significant page load time impact with the ads under normal circumstances, though if it is felt that they are the cause of slow page loads FlyerTalk Premium is an easy way to disable ad loads completely as Cholula has pointed out. Thank you,

Old Jul 26, 2006, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Thumbs up Done!

Originally Posted by Cholula
This is not going to answer your technical question L1011...N/StoHNL! but it probably bears repeating again that FlyerTalk Premium is an excellent investment IMO.
For a mere $12 you get both a year‘s subscribtion to InsideFlyer magazine plus a totally ad free FlyerTalk experience.
For anybody who spends more than a few minutes a month on Flyertalk this is the bargain of the year.
Great advice at a spectacular price! More than a few minutes? I guess so. I have been addicted to this site for years now. Now I can continue to see the "drubbings" you get from Dovster without delay!

Thanks again for a simple solution.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.