Wiki Posts
Search

Please include "misplaced posts" into the note of "report bad post icon"

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2006, 4:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Please include "misplaced posts" into the note of "report bad post icon"

Our volunteer moderators read as much as they can on FlyerTalk, but they can't get to every post so your help is appreciated in keeping FlyerTalk a polite community. If you see a post that does not comply with the rules, report the post by clicking on the report post icon.
I was addressed by forum leader KiwiFlyer

Originally Posted by KiwiFlyer
If you think a thread is misposted please contact the forum moderator where the thread is located, or a senior moderator if the forum has no moderator. The easiest way to do so is to use the report bad post icon (red triangle) in each thread.
to use the bad post icon if I think a post is misplaced.

This is the description when to use report post icon:
Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.
IMO misplaced posts are not problematic posts but should be relocated. I would not know that I should use the bad post icon for this type of posts.

As others are more likely in the same situation, I suggest including misplaced post into the note.

Thanks for consideration!
Old May 21, 2006, 5:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
As a moderator I'd much rather someone use the report bad post to let me know something is misposted than posting on the thread, or even on another thread, and assuming that I'd see it.
Old May 22, 2006, 10:00 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Sounds like a good suggestion to me, this has been changed. Thanks,

Old May 22, 2006, 1:17 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
THAT WAS QUICK TIM!

Thanks
Old May 22, 2006, 3:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Thanks Tim, but I still see the old wording.
Old May 22, 2006, 4:19 pm
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks Tim, but I still see the old wording.
Are you sure? Or did I misunderstand what we wanted to change? In each post the icon that is a red triangle with a black line down the middle is what was changed. The old text when mousing over it was "Report Bad Post" and it now reads "Report Bad or Misplaced Post" when you mouse over it. Is there another place where that was being discussed her and I misunderstood?

Old May 22, 2006, 4:28 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I suspect that what is meant is that when you actually click on the RBP icon, this is the text you get at the bottom of the message box: "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."
Old May 22, 2006, 4:50 pm
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by cblaisd
I suspect that what is meant is that when you actually click on the RBP icon, this is the text you get at the bottom of the message box: "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."
Thanks for the clarification. The page that contains the form has been updated to include an updated title and an updated note section. Thanks,

Old May 22, 2006, 4:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Thanks. I see it now ^
Old May 24, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Tim at WebFlyer
Thanks for the clarification. The page that contains the form has been updated to include an updated title and an updated note section. Thanks,
^ Thanks for updating the language. I have also been reluctant to use the "report bad post" icon for misplaced posts for the reasons noted by the OP. This clarification is much appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.