Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2005, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus

Hi - I tried to click on New Posts and got "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. " Is it down or just my connection that isn't working?

The top right hand corner is tracking my last login as 9:30 am (should have been updated but never did) and it's now after 5pm.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Plat
Been happening to me for last 24 hours, or so.

fduvall

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Hi - I tried to click on New Posts and got "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. " Is it down or just my connection that isn't working?

The top right hand corner is tracking my last login as 9:30 am (should have been updated but never did) and it's now after 5pm.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 8:15 pm

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
Anyone know when this problem will be fixed? I keep thinking it's something I've done wrong, haven't heard too much from others except for the 2 above posts.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
There's an earlier thread on this ("New Posts not working?"), but more importantly, the reason is discussed in the "Why Was FlyerTalk Down?" thread on this forum.

Apparently, at some point the system needs to be taken down for a couple of hours to perform the necessary database repairs, but the appropriate (least disruptive) time hasn't been decided on yet.... or something along those lines.

Guess we just need to be patient. (Besides, the "New Posts" feature, while nice, isn't THAT critical.)
Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Plat
It's not really clear in the title that the "Why was FT down" thread has anything to do with the New Posts button not working.

And for some of us, the New Posts button is the MOST used function on FT. I prefer to use it to see what is new here, so I don't have to look at threads that have not changed. I am sure that other people have their own ways to browse, but this is the way that I use FT.

fduvall

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
There's an earlier thread on this ("New Posts not working?"), but more importantly, the reason is discussed in the "Why Was FlyerTalk Down?" thread on this forum.

Apparently, at some point the system needs to be taken down for a couple of hours to perform the necessary database repairs, but the appropriate (least disruptive) time hasn't been decided on yet.... or something along those lines.

Guess we just need to be patient. (Besides, the "New Posts" feature, while nice, isn't THAT critical.)
Old Nov 3, 2005, 9:31 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lightbulb

The "new posts" functionality is dependent on the search engine, which is currently 'stuck' at the 31 Oct 2005 mark (i.e. posts after that date are not being indexed) ... So you just have to wait till the situation with the search database is resolved.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:17 am

Is it still down? I can't get New Posts for several days.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Kibison
Is it still down? I can't get New Posts for several days.
It won't be back until FT is down for scheduled maintenance and they fix a corrupted index somewhere ... hopefully once elections are totally over, there will be an opportunity for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.