Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

What was the "Referalls" number refer to on each FT public profile?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

ozstamps
PostsTotal Posts: 20,855 (14.19 posts per day)
Find all posts by ozstamps
Find all threads started by ozstamps

Referrals: 0

===============

Never noticed it before, but maybe it was there all allong. Anyone know what it pertains to?

Checked a few other profiles from well known FT'ers like Rudi and see that number seems zero on all accounts that I looked at.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:19 am

Oz,

I have no idea what that is. It may be related to a feature that we don't use, but even that is just a guess on my part.

Dan may know, but we'll have to wait till he gets back from vacation to find out. I'll ask Tim if he knows what it is and if he does he can let us know.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
I'm not sure what referalls are, but the "Referrals" just lists the number of new users who signed up and put your name in the "Referrer" field of the new user registration page, e.g.

Referrer
If you were referred to this site by an existing member of TireFlock, enter their name here.
Referrer: _________
For John, you can see the referrals on the Admin control panel, under Users / Referrals. But likely, FT has the User Referrer option turned off (vBulletin Options / User Registration Options).

FewMiles..
Old Jun 30, 2004, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by John at Webflyer
I have no idea what that is. It may be related to a feature that we don't use, but even that is just a guess on my part.
That may also answer the question concerning Group Memberships in the public profile of a FlyerTalk member, as it seem that every FlyerTalk member “is not a member of any public groups”...
Old Jul 7, 2004, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by John at Webflyer
Oz,

Dan may know, but we'll have to wait till he gets back from vacation to find out. I'll ask Tim if he knows what it is and if he does he can let us know.

Thanks John .. be interested to read if anyone knows.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by ozstamps

Thanks John .. be interested to read if anyone knows.
Mine shows 1. It showed 0 last week. I was telling my seat mate on a flight last night about FT and they signed up today and PM'ed me to let me know their screen name. Maybe there is referral question for newbies about how they heard of FT. Just a guess.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 1:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
My guess is it means you referred people & they mentioned your handle when signing up, as mentioned above.

You refer enough, you get a prize - 1) moderator of omni; 2) moderator of travel/security; 3) moderator of both
Old Jul 14, 2004, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And the SECOND prize is?
Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:56 am
dan at WebFlyer

This is part of the User Referrer system which is currently enabled.

When a user sends someone to FT, via a link with "referrid=XXX" at the end (where XXX is that user's ID), and the person then registers, the referring user will get credit.

Old Jul 17, 2004, 7:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
Just what we need, another "count" for some of the numerically challenged to obsess over.

It's only a matter of time until someone "gloats" over the number of referrals they have.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Interesting.

I've apparently referred 2 people to FT. Happy to help, but I have absolutely no recollection of doing this!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Whilst wary of resurrecting this thread from a very long slumber, my point is one about the topic raised here.

I currently have 1 referral showing - but no idea who it came from. Although the new member may refer to us being the introducer, is there any way that the referring member gets notified of a new member signing up? Or could find out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.