Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Red Dot Under my Name

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2004, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Question Red Dot Under my Name

Why is there a red dot under my name? It seems that most have a green dot.

Did I do something wrong? I am respectful of others and post only when neccessary.

I tried to search and could not find anything.

Thanks in advance,
Delta Agent
Old Jun 29, 2004, 7:42 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
In your profile options there is a choice to show other users whether you are currently online (green dot). If you have that option checked, then when you're online they will see that. If you don'thave that checked, they won't.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:00 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Actually the red dot means that you are online, but hiding that fact becuase you have chosen to be invisible.

Everyone else sees a grey dot under your name, only you see the red dot. I assume that administrators also see the red dot (what exactly would be the point of having code to make a red dot only to tell you that you are online - you knew that already!), but moderators do not.

If you were to log off and view one of your posts as a visitor, you would also see a grey dot.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.

I am now out of invisible mode. The red dot really worried me.

You can close this thread, if you want.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:07 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Thanks for the clarification, robb!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.