Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread Rating

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2004, 9:50 am
Patron

Thread Rating

How many votes have been cast for the thread rating, that we may see a set of stars appear near the title of the thread in the thread listings?

Old Apr 17, 2004, 4:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Must be a low number - I have seen stars with 3 ratings (when you pass mouse over showing the number and average).
Old Apr 17, 2004, 4:36 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I just tried on this thread and it looks to be 2.
Old Apr 17, 2004, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
And I was about to post the same thing, it's two votes. I added my rating to the thread though.

FewMiles..
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:32 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Is Thread Rating broken, or disabled? Why can I rate a thread, but not view what the rating of a thread is? Was it abused like user reputations?

thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2005, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Yes thread rating was switched off fairly quickly due to abuse.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Some people making a big deal about "abuse", rather. In the end each person can only vote on a thread one time.

FewMiles..
Old Sep 9, 2005, 5:51 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by FewMiles
Some people making a big deal about "abuse", rather. In the end each person can only vote on a thread one time.

FewMiles..
Unless one were good with computers and found a way to manipulate the system, or forge something. Of course, I don't think most people would a) have the absurd idea to even think about something like that; b) would make the effort to try that just to harass someone else or act on some petty old grudges. So, hopefully, a purely hypothetical question (in the future).
Old Sep 9, 2005, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Of course, I don't think most people would a) have the absurd idea to even think about something like that
Yet somehow, you managed.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 7:14 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Yep, I got reminded of people who are good with computers when I saw the word "Technology" somewhere on the left side...
Old Sep 9, 2005, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Oh, I see! Kind of like I got reminded of people who spend all day every day racking up thousands of posts by trolling and making thinly-veiled accusations about other FT members while never contributing anything to the actual subject of miles and points when I saw the word “attorney” somewhere on the left side…
Old Sep 9, 2005, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
As was posted above, there were some people that abused the thread rating system and it was pulled, much like the reputation fiasco earlier in the year.

I believe this was the situation that caused the thread ratings to be pulled.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...irthday+thread

Some people were running around FT giving negative ratings to threads of people they didn't like and ruined it for the rest of us.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by alanw
Oh, I see! Kind of like I got reminded of people who spend all day every day racking up thousands of posts by trolling and making thinly-veiled accusations about other FT members while never contributing anything to the actual subject of miles and points when I saw the word “attorney” somewhere on the left side…
Was that a personal attack? I thought you already had the tireflock board for that kind of stuff and would tone it down a little here .

No comment .
Old Sep 9, 2005, 11:03 am

Tech is not the place for what is happening in here.

Don't do this again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.