Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Post Search Time Out?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2004, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HLT Honors, DL PLT but missing NWA terribly.
New Post Search Time Out?

It's happened a couple of times to me now, and I just figured out there must be a time limit on how long the board senses there's no activity and drops your new post search. All of the threads that have new posts are no longer bolded as they were, and the go to first unread post icon has disappeared.

I've been caught out reading very long threads, or following posted links out of FT to read articles, etc., as well as just walking away from the computer for a time.

So how long is the time limit? And can it be extended?

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2004, 10:29 am
dan at WebFlyer

We currently have the search interval pause set to 30 seconds between searches.

Old Apr 14, 2004, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HLT Honors, DL PLT but missing NWA terribly.
Sorry If I wasn't Clear

Sorry if I wasn't clear but that's not what I was asking.

When I first come on to the board and hit the New Posts button, I'll get a few pages of threads returned who's titles are bolded and there's an icon to take me to the new unread posts.

But if I linger too long in a thread, or leave my computer, after a period of time when I return to the search results pages of new posts, the thread titles are no longer bolded, and the new post icons have all disappeared.

This behavior has lead me to believe there's a time limit in place where if there's no activity the software assumes you aren't there and deletes the search results for whatever reason - server response or memory reasons perhaps?

I was wondering how long this time period has been set for.

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2004, 11:21 am
dan at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by Rolling Stone
This behavior has lead me to believe there's a time limit in place where if there's no activity the software assumes you aren't there and deletes the search results for whatever reason - server response or memory reasons perhaps?

I was wondering how long this time period has been set for.

Thanks
I haven't seen that particular setting, only the one I listed above. it may be something hardcoded into the system. I'll check around on the vBB boards to see if I can find a similar issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.