Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Something else has changed/is broken

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Concurrent to the elimination of trending, there have been some major detrimental changes that make this site almost useless.
When I went to a forum previously, on the left there would be a symbol that indicated a thread that I had contributed to.
That is gone. When I had notifications ( i.e. New likes received) I could click on that link and it would bring me to the likes page.
That is gone. The format of every page is so different now - it has become unreadable. There used to be a link at the bottom
of every page to jump to specific fora - that is gone.
Can you please bring this site back to the way it was last week - or this twice daily user is going to disappear.

And the option of going to last page seems to have disappeared - and you are back to continuous scroll?
Do you want to drive all your loyalists away?
washke likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Mar 6, 2024 at 10:02 am Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts\
Old Mar 6, 2024, 10:14 am
Original Poster

I cannot even find this Tech forum anymore - they only way I was able to do so was by searching for posts by myself.
Something is very broken here.
moondog likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 10:42 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies? You're the only one who has reported this.
Also, please give me the standard info: device, browser, et cetera
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Concurrent to the elimination of trending, there have been some major detrimental changes that make this site almost useless.
When I went to a forum previously, on the left there would be a symbol that indicated a thread that I had contributed to.
That is gone. When I had notifications ( i.e. New likes received) I could click on that link and it would bring me to the likes page.
That is gone. The format of every page is so different now - it has become unreadable. There used to be a link at the bottom
Can you please bring this site back to the way it was last week - or this twice daily user is going to disappear.

And the option of going to last page seems to have disappeared - and you are back to continuous scroll?
I noticed this yesterday for only one subforum (SLH under Hyatt).
Old Mar 6, 2024, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies? You're the only one who has reported this.
Also, please give me the standard info: device, browser, et cetera
You are correct - switching browsers brings thing back to normal.
Issue occurred on Laptop running Windows 11, using Firefox 123.0.
When I switched to Edge, everything was normal.
IBJoel and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:46 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
FireFox has been blocking a lot of our stuff recently, across multiple sites
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

Is it possible Firefox is stuck in mobile skin and Edge isn't? See the wiki or post 3 on this thread: Switched to mobile view and can't switch back to desktop view
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
Is it possible Firefox is stuck in mobile skin and Edge isn't? See the wiki or post 3 on this thread: Switched to mobile view and can't switch back to desktop view
I have no idea what mobile skin is, but my settings say never go to mobile skin.
Oh, well, with Trending gone, and Firefox incompatibility, I'll see you occasionally.
RetiredATLATC likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I have no idea what mobile skin is, but my settings say never go to mobile skin.
It's a simplified interface designed for phone browsers. I'm not entirely sure, but I think even with "never" checked, you may still end up there for example if you follow a search result in Google to FlyerTalk (sometimes Google indexes the mobile version of a page instead of the full one) -- there may be other ways this can happen, but that's one of them.

In particular mobile skin forces infinite/continuous scroll, which you mentioned, hence my curiosity. If this is indeed the problem, it's trivial to fix per the instructions in the other thread. If not, then your guess is as good as mine :-/
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
It's a simplified interface designed for phone browsers. I'm not entirely sure, but I think even with "never" checked, you may still end up there for example if you follow a search result in Google to FlyerTalk (sometimes Google indexes the mobile version of a page instead of the full one) -- there may be other ways this can happen, but that's one of them.

In particular mobile skin forces infinite/continuous scroll, which you mentioned, hence my curiosity. If this is indeed the problem, it's trivial to fix per the instructions in the other thread. If not, then your guess is as good as mine :-/
Thank you.
I appended ?styleid=24 to the URL in Firefox, and that got it back to normal.
Zorak likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 6:21 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
The See All button next to Trending Discussions has stopped working. I want to say say I noticed this stoppage on Tuesday of this week? I have tried clearing cache etc, but nothing.
When I click it - I get a "Page not Found" error.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trending.php
Old Mar 8, 2024, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AJNEDC
The See All button next to Trending Discussions has stopped working. I want to say say I noticed this stoppage on Tuesday of this week? I have tried clearing cache etc, but nothing.
See this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...-top-page.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.