Wikiposts are now fixed
Wiki post mobile editing test
Print Wikipost

Wiki editing is totally b0rked

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Wiki editing is totally b0rked

Getting this on multiple devices (different network connections, OSes, hardware platforms). It is not specific to a given thread or forum; rather, this appears to be a global fail.

HadesNL, Sisosig and canadiancow like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:09 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
+1. Seeing the same error on multiple threads.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:54 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Same problem here. Chrome on an Android phone and Windows PC.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Lots of reports in this in threads with wikis.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:24 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
This has been reported to tech with high priority
Old Feb 29, 2024, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

It is remarkable to me that a site like FlyerTalk, which depends on users to generate interesting content, cannot be bothered to fix a widespread, content-impairing outage like this more than 24 hours after the first report in this forum.

The term that comes to mind is “en****tification.” IB constantly finds ways not to fix things or even to actively break things that are working. (Ask me about all the brain-damaged “enhancements” to editing posts & wikis in the last several years—not just the ones I’ve reported here to no avail, but also the others I never bothered to report on account of IB’s staggering indifference to dysfunction. Go ahead.)
hurnik and returnoftheyeti like this.

Last edited by beltway; Mar 1, 2024 at 6:05 am
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:40 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by beltway
It is remarkable to me that a site like FlyerTalk, which depends on users to generate interesting content, cannot be bothered to fix a widespread, content-impairing outage like this more than 24 hours after the first report in this forum.

The term that comes to mind is “en****tification.” IB constantly finds ways not to fix things or even to actively break things that are working. (Ask me about all the brain-damaged “enhancements” to editing posts & wikis in the last several years—not just the ones I’ve reported here to no avail, but also the others I never bothered to report on account of IB’s staggering indifference to dysfunction. Go ahead.)
Honestly if we stripped away all customization, FT would run almost seamlessly
SPN Lifer, N515CR and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBJoel
Honestly if we stripped away all customization, FT would run almost seamlessly
I'm not sure what type of customization would break the (formerly) existing ability to edit wikis--but if that's what happened, may I humbly suggest rolling back said customization?

WOO HOO: now > 48 hours since IB customized wiki editing by breaking it completely. FEEL THE LOVE.

EDIT: Over 60 hours now. Please enjoy the wiki I created above while you wait.

EDIT:

Last edited by beltway; Mar 5, 2024 at 6:22 am
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:17 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by beltway
I'm not sure what type of customization would break the (formerly) existing ability to edit wikis--but if that's what happened, may I humbly suggest rolling back said customization?

WOO HOO: now > 48 hours since IB customized wiki editing by breaking it completely. FEEL THE LOVE.

EDIT: Over 60 hours now. Please enjoy the wiki I created above while you wait.

EDIT:
beltway, I'm issuing you a suspension for this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, but you don't know what goes into the tech aspect of each site. While I understand your frustration, that doesn't grant you the right to berate myself or the tech staff for what we're finding out is a fairly complex problem that is being treated seriously. You also created a non-editable wikipost that mocks us. You know that we aren't in the office over the weekend, so complaining that we didn't fix it on a Saturday is absurd.

I'm announcing this publicly for a specific reason: Look, I get it. Tech is slow sometimes. That's for a variety of reasons: competing priorities, timezone differences, deeper technical issues they have to investigate, et cetera. It all bugs me too. I will listen to a complaint and a frustration, but I will not tolerate going back to hammer endlessly on a point, especially a passive agressive mocking. Community managers don't deserve that and our tech people don't deserve that.

That said: There have been maybe 3 or 4 instances where this has been an actual problem in my 8+ years at IB (JFC), so thank you to all 99.99% of you who are cool about this kind of stuff.

Last edited by IBJoel; Mar 5, 2024 at 9:30 am
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:24 pm
Administrator

Wikiposts are now fixed
Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:28 pm

Wikiposts are now fixed
Confirming. I've been able to edit a few and am working through a few more. Thanks!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:28 am
Administrator

Apparently broken again. Investigating
Old Mar 13, 2024, 12:10 pm

Interesting, the edit button appears to be completely gone. That's a new one for sure!
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:21 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by N515CR
Interesting, the edit button appears to be completely gone. That's a new one for sure!
It's still there for me and the issue seems resolved. If you clear cache/cookies, is it OK?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:41 pm

It's still there for me and the issue seems resolved. If you clear cache/cookies, is it OK?
Nope, cleared cache/cookies and also tried incognito. Still MIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.